1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

91 GSXR Shock

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by MES Racing, Feb 5, 2004.

1. MES Racing

MES Racing Well-Known Member

WTB: Penske, Ohlins or Fox shock for a 91 Suzuki GSXR 750.
    Help!

2. IF!

IF! Buford;02 Polaris&trailer

Olien if you can afford it, With ride height adjustment. Those GSXRs like a tail high ride, helps with the front end push. All will work well up to our ridding level. Good luck and glad to see some more V7s out there. I have been running mine from birth.
    Buford

3. MES Racing

Thanks for the suggestion. I found two Ohlins on e-bay but theowner doesn't know what they fit. The 13" would be approximately 1" long than the stock. I don't know if the ride height on these shocks can be adjusted. Do you have any suggestions? Here is the info he provided me?

Dimensions:

#2457771031(yellow spring): Width 3 in( perpendicular
    to the reservoir). 5 in.(in line with the reservoir).
    Eye to eye: 14.5" eye diameter: 7/8". bolt hole dia.
    3/8"

@2457770525(black spring): Width 3 in( perpendicular
    to the reservoir). 5 in.(in line with the reservoir).
    Eye to eye: 13.0" eye diameter: 7/8". bolt hole dia.
    3/8"

4. IF!

IF! Buford;02 Polaris&trailer

Here is where it gets fun. Mesure your stock eye to eye, thats your base line. I would not go shorter, longer with adjustment would be OK. The ride height adjustment (shock dependent) will be a threaded bottom eye or a remote top mount(way cool and expensive). The spring color denoteds spring weight, maker should be able to tell you which is which. Now for some personal info, rider weight (race weight,full gear etc) and height, riding style. I am 6'3"250lb race and stay on the tank, lots of front weight, I have my bike setup with the front forks slid all the way up the trees ( quicker steering) and lots of preload and compression dampening, little rebound. The rear is set full tall with very little compression and lots of rebound. I do not break in the corner, I get it all done straight up and accelerate through the corner, I need the rear up so high for ground clearence and I like having the rear pack up on acceleration. I am not fast but I have fun.
    Good luck and hope this helps.
    Buford:D

5. MES Racing

Thanks for the info guys, but I guess my message was a little miss leading. I really want to know if anyone has a used shock for sale that will fit my bike? Thanks!

6. werase643

werase643 Well-Known Member

if I find one first....it's going on my 88!!!!:D

there was a progressive on ebay

7. MES Racing

Yea, and I got sniped on a Fox Twin Clicker on ebay two days ago.