1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Largest mass shooting in us history

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by vizsladog, Jun 12, 2016.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

One word: Redemption. While the guy may not have led a religious life, he was aware of the teachings of his cultural religion. Maybe he was gay? Maybe he felt guilt or was afraid his father would find out? Maybe he felt that he could undo his wrongs and redeem himself by doing "god's work", and the teachings of Islam provided him with this.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The teachings of Islam in no way say mass murder will get you redemption. What the hell Koran are you reading?

3. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

So the fact he traveled to the ME for his Religion means nothing...gotcha...

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And Roof having a battle flag meant nothing :crackup:

You guys are hilarious. Dang that scary religion.... Wonder if they took off the pistol grip and made it look better you'd be okay with it?

5. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

The battle flag was nothing...he was a Christian...who hated as he was taught....LOL

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I could get behind shooting bad parents that teach their kids hatred.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'm not trying to go all IYC on you, but here: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/violence.aspx

Something I think a lot of people miss about Islam is that it is only a religion of peace if you're part of it and agree completely with whatever sect happens to be in charge.

8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

As the FB meme said..."IF it is a Religion of Peace..Why is there None even among themselves"???

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All 1.6 billion of them are out there murdering people and preaching violence every day in every country they live in. Got it now.

10. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Again with the ALL....GeezusFknKrakAddict....BAD Islamics.....BAD Muslims........Not the GOOD ONES....Fk....I guess Every FUCKING thing needs to be Spelled out for you......Your Being O b t u s e......is almost as annoying as an out of balance tire...or pine needles/leaves in the blower motor of my truck.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    galloway840 likes this.
  11. Rrider

Rrider Well-Known Member

"If you know your enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the results of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle." -Sun Tzu

Firstly, it is important to understand that our country, whether we admit it or not, and like all western countries, is based on Christianity. This is critical so that we can understand ourselves and how we are perceived by our enemy. Unfortunately, it is not possible to understand Radical Islam, ISIS and the importance of the creation of the Caliphate by applying what we understand and know strictly from a modern, christian based societal point of view. It is critical that we understand this enemy in order to succeed against it and it is the responsibility of our leaders (as in all wars) to explain this enemy to us.

Until that happens, I feel it is our individual responsibility to educate ourselves. I suggest reading a book or two to familiarize yourself with ISIS. I found these pretty good:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1250080908/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Pg2yxb1M5B27R

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0385538219/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Zi2yxbGHDZVJ5

The level of support of Radical Islam, ISIS and the caliphate within the global Muslim community is an eye opener and believing there is no violence in the Quaran means the enemy is succeeding.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    galloway840 likes this.
  12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

13. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

The worst part of that is the severe vocal fry when she speaks. Each sentence ends sounding like its croaked out by a frog.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Considering most here (and everywhere) are talking about ALL Muslims I got mixed up who is talking about who, sorry about that. I agree the radical whackos are an issue, not matter what religion they pretend to believe in.

Britt likes this.
  15. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I can't imagine too many folks thinking every single Muslim is the problem Mongo.

But I will say what hurts their image, you'd think the sheer number of good Muslims would absolutely devour the bad ones in every way. In their own countries, they do much worse to a lot of people for MUCH LESS. So the blame I direct at regular Muslims is their lack of going after the radicals within their own country......it just looks bad for the whole lot of them by not taking a stronger approach to them.

Britt likes this.
  16. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Keep in mind, the majority of Middle East countries did in fact do this. Tons of the Al Qaeda guys spent many years in prison in Egypt and other places for being radical Islamists, who threatened the security of their countries (see Ayman al-Zawahiri, Al Qaeda #2). After the Iraq war and more importantly, the "Arab Spring", the populace attempted to overthrow their governments. If Bashir al-Assad had been allowed to control his people as he and his father had done for decades without the West interfering, there wouldn't be the disaster going on in Syria, probably no ISIS, probably no internal migration crisis, etc. Barack and Hilary own a lot of this...

sdg likes this.
  17. sdg

sdg *

Same can be said for Saddam and Iraq. Our "victory" removed a stable government, however bad we were told he was.

...and I won't even get into how we were instrumental in bringing the key players in ISIS together in our "prison camp" Saddam would have just tortured/executed them.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You mean that if we were to let all the bad people out of prison, they'd go back to doing bad things? Craziness!!!!

19. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

One of those gators drug him in to deNile.

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

No, if a gator attacked Mongo, the end result would be Mongo getting a new pair of gator skin boots.