1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the craze with outdoor pizza ovens

Discussion in 'General' started by G 97, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I don't ever want to see anymore jokes about my brotherhood. This shitte is the whitest thing I ever heard of. A damn oven outside for pizza. This is some Dave K abercrombie sweater deck shoe w no socks and a man bag nonsense.

2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Hmmm. Let's see. Going to a Barry Manilow concert vs. screwing around with fire and cooking man-eats. Tough call.

3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

What's wrong with deck shoes and no socks?

4. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Oh shit.

:D

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Let's see...outdoor kitchen....in back of the big house? I'm not sure I see your point.

Venom51 likes this.
  6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Heavily financed pizza ovens.

Phl218 likes this.
  7. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Okay, pizza it is for dinner.

rocalotopus likes this.
  8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Weejuns.

9. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

I've seen you chime in on the pizza topic before, I guess you have the resume to know a thing or two about the pie making process.

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Hey, motherfucker! Have a Coke and a smile and shut the fuck up! :Poke:

[​IMG]

Phl218 likes this.
  11. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

My good buddy has an outdoor oven and it puts out some great food.

Personally, when I eat pizza it is something when I'm beat ass tired, and I want somebody delivering it to my doorstep.

12. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

[​IMG]

Phl218 likes this.
  13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Outdoor pizza cooker? I've got an extension cord!

[​IMG]

14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Just like at the roller rink, bitches!

15. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Tru dat. Some hippie friends of mine living in Mexico have created a sustainability ranch. They built a wood-fired pizza oven and threw a big pizza party which my wife and I attended. The pizza dough was invariably burned or undercooked (sometimes both) no matter how many times they tried. Pass.

16. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

I never liked Ginos crust for some reason. Loved the atmosphere though!

17. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

I think Mongo is correct - unless you are baking 6 or more pies at a clip, it's not worth it. My uncle had one put in for around $7K about 7-8 years ago. To this date, I still have not had a pie from that oven. There is always some type of excuse; it's too cold out, I don't have the correct wood to get it up to temperature, I'm not making enough pies for the effort of heating it up. He'll invite my parents and I over for pizza and we get all excited to try the brick oven style and here he baked it in a conventional oven claiming some excuse.

He brought up making a pizza in the his brick oven on Christmas eve last year and we basically said, shove it up your rear end. I honestly think he had it made to just say he has one and after finding out how much of a PIA it is he won't use it.

18. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Everything is shitty in Mexico, just ask Kenny fuckin Powers.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I like that they ship. I don't think I've ever actually been to the restaurant but figure if the pie tastes that good after being frozen it should be pretty great fresh :D

I can't remember the place we used to go, Rinaldis maybe? It was in the city, not out in the burbs.

20. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Always been a Giordano's man myself, something about the sauce IIRC. Been almost 20 years for me...