Looking for Ducati Race Bike.

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Tommy Shriver, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Tommy Shriver

Tommy Shriver Member

Looking for a Ducati Race Bike. Can't spend much but want to see what's out there.

2. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

did you try the search function?

How much do you want to spend on maintenance? Air cooled or 4 valve? how competitive do you want to be?

Older 848 track bikes are pretty reliable, if left stock and not over revved. But not that competitive in MW classes without spending some bucks.

Air cooled stock motors pretty bulletproof if you're careful with downshifting, and competitive in LW twins classes.

Will9465 likes this.
  3. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

4. Tommy Shriver

Tommy Shriver Member

I just did and you have no idea how bad I want your bike!! I bought a new 996 in 201 and have had a 749 too. Unfortunately I don't think theres anyway we could get close to a price though! Thanks for responding though Gino!

5. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Thanks Tommy. Mine is not for everyone, that's for sure. Keep looking though, there are some that are close to stock but have a few race bits that are around $6500 if I recall correctly. EVO is faster of course, Linkage and Triples are nice to have, but depending on your level you can always add them later as you get going.

Just be careful you don't get one that has been left running on it's left side (due to a crash of course). Then you are rolling the dice with your rod bearings, they are starved for oil when the bike is laid down on the left side. Might be ok, might not.

Eventually the main crank bearings may fail, but if you're running a stock motor and not beating the crap out of it I would guess you could be fine for a couple of years. The only way to know if you have the good ones is to open it up, and that's not practical, really. Good luck!

6. isaltyko

isaltyko Well-Known Member

a friend has an 1198SP for 10K
    if thats in your price range, I can give you his info

7. nicoloff

nicoloff Well-Known Member

8. nicoloff

nicoloff Well-Known Member

I just dropped price to $6500. It is sitting in my trailer not being used and I would like to get rid of it.

9. vf1000ride

vf1000ride Member

10. DesmoAndrew

DesmoAndrew Active Member

Tommy, if you are still looking, my 2003 999S race bike is for sale.

11. ducatilvr

ducatilvr Well-Known Member

Is this bike still for sale?