1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati mechanic needed

Discussion in 'General' started by laz749, Jun 4, 2016.

1. laz749

laz749 Active Member

I have a Ducati I have been working on and have come to the end of my ability to fix problem. Looking for a Ducati mechanic in Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma, or Missouri...somewhere near NWA would might be able to help.

2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Can you be specific in your problem?

At least a model?

I only ask because there are Ducati mechanics, and there are guys who tinker on ducatis.

I used to know a guy around there but he's since moved away. I can make a few calls or are you wanting someone near you to just help out?

roy826ex likes this.
  3. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I don't know anyone in those areas but I can suggest calling Indy Ducati and ask for Matt Carr.

Or the goober who answered first knows his way around Ducati's pretty dang well.

Call the shop, let them answer your question then buy a T Shirt and some parts. Can't go wrong either way

4. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

NWA means something different to me, but I'm old.

dsmitty37 likes this.
  5. laz749

laz749 Active Member

Bike is an "05 749R The issue is stalling while riding and stumbling when I open the throttle up. It will not pick up RPM. I have replaced fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel pump relay, new spark plugs, and have cleaned out fuel tank. There was some rust and dirt that I took care of. After I did all this, my stalling issue went away but I still have the stumbling and lack of RPM problems. These problems show up only after I have been riding 30-40 minutes. I think I may be dealing with two different issues. I purchased this bike and it had been sitting pretty much for four years. Thanks for ideas. P.S. NWA is North West Arkansas

6. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I would bet that's an injector issue. You cleaned out everything but those. Pull them off and send them to pro-flow.

7. Resistance on the coils when they're cold and hot.
    Resistance on the pick up from the motor.

8. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Venting issue?

9. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Thought maybe you could see the future and knew that Iannone was going to put some people to work this weekend. :D

10. precipitous

precipitous Well-Known Member

It's been too long so forget if it was +05 or +06 that had updated coils to prevent issues so definitely something to check there as the earlier coils were more prone to failure. I also agree since it's been sitting that the injectors should be cleaned and they are easy enough to pull on these bikes.

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

I hear if you catch them on the right lap, Andrea Iannone's crew may be available even on MotoGP weekends