1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2001 Honda RS250R for sale

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by craig secosan, Mar 27, 2016.

1. craig secosan

craig secosan New Member

2001 Honda RS250R for sale, recent engine rebuild and new crank by Jamie James ( yes, that Jamie James). Many spares including 2 new cranks(one is for a 1999 model but I think they are the same piece, please correct me if I'm wrong), 3 used but good cranks, 2 reconditioned cylinders, new clutch hub and basket, spare wheel set, internal and external gearing, 14 top-ends, 3 spare cylinder head sets ( one set modified by Roland Cushway for more power, smaller volume), most of 2 Rising Sun rebuild kits. Some parts used in the recent rebuild. Reeds, gaskets, jets, needles...... Not yet heat cycled from rebuild. Was in the last two AMA 250 GP races in 2003, at VIR and Barber. Email [email protected], (828)553-3630

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Sounds like a nice bike. I just bought one, or I would be in the market. Any photos? Price?

3. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

WOW - loved those bikes!!.. GLWS!

Might want to post an asking price and pics.

4. swampape

swampape Well-Known Member

Price? Photos? Sounds awesome!

5. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Yep...Hows those pics/prices coming along??

6. jcivince

jcivince Well-Known Member

Traded some emails with the OP today. Here is additional info with prices on what he has (trying to claim dibs on the 1999 stuff!):

I'm in western North Carolina. Here are a few details.

2001 Honda RS250R for sale, recent engine rebuild and new crank by Jamie James ( yes, that Jamie James). Many spares including 2 new cranks(one is for a 1999 model but I think they are the same piece, please correct me if I'm wrong), 2 used but good cranks, 2 cranks from piston failures, 2 reconditioned cylinders, new clutch hub and basket, spare wheel set, internal and external gearing, 14 top-ends, 3 spare cylinder head sets ( one set modified by Roland Cushway for more power, smaller volume), most of 2 Rising Sun rebuild kits. Some parts used in the recent rebuild. Reeds, gaskets, jets, needles...... Not yet heat cycled from rebuild. Was in the last two AMA 250 GP races in 2003, at VIR and Barber.

I also have a spare bottom end for a 1999 Honda RS250. Needs cylinders, heads, and a clutch inner basket (hub?). I also have full brake system, wiring harness, PV solenoid, instrument panel, carbs and throttle, swingarm, forks ( that may be bent) and left expansion chamber for the 1999 bike.

I would like to sell all this as a package. I'm told that the cranks are about $2500 each, and the top ends total about $3000. Since the 2001 engine is totally fresh, not even heat cycled, I figure about $15,000 for it. I would like a total of $26,000 for all of it, which means the 1999 stuff is only about $3,000, quite a bargain and could be parted out...

Here are a few pictures and there will be a couple of more emails with more pictures. Let me know if you have questions. I also have a very nice 2004 Yamaha R1 track bike with spares, and a 1994 Honda RC45 for sale as well.

7. jcivince

jcivince Well-Known Member

Here are some pics that he sent.

Attached Files:

8. craig secosan

craig secosan New Member

The 1999 forks, front brakes, wiring harness and dash/PV have been sold. Still have all the cranks, top ends, bike and the 1999 engine bottom end. I'll entertain any reasonable offer.

9. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

Shared on my FB, hope the OP doesn't mind. Nice looking bike, nice spares kit. I wish we were in a position to buy this.

10. craig secosan

craig secosan New Member

Thanks for the kind words and spreading the word. It is still available.

11. lateapexer

lateapexer Local slow poke

Where in WNC?

12. craig secosan

craig secosan New Member

Near Hendersonville