1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Network/Router security issue

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, May 22, 2016.

1. joec

joec brace yourself

I have no clue. My laptop hasnt been able to connect to the internet for years. (Os/browser compatIbility) I just bought a tablet. Sorry..can't help. But I feel your pain.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I get paid for what I know. How much is it worth to you? :D

Eskimo and joec like this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup::bow:

4. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Which would be great if he were having trouble with his John Deere equipment.

But he's not. He has a computer problem. :Poke:

Razr likes this.
  5. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

Sounds kinda like malware/virus to me.

6. Venom51

Our new line of wirelessly connected mowers is bad ass.

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I'm a big fan of the new line of stringless string trimmers. :D

8. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

I could really get into a mower controlled by my smatphone.

9. Venom51

It would have to be smatphone as it's obviously very hard to get a computer to connect to a wireless network.

10. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Is this your wireless router or 1 owned by your provider? If it's owned by them they should be able to connect and fix if a router issue.

If not then the first thing I do is plug the exact model # and your error into google and see if others had the same issue and a resolution. You might get a hit like this which describes how to enable (or turn off in your case prolly) FIPS-2 in Windows. https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ff847520.aspx

Weird that it would change though on 2 computers...While you at it go ahead and do a virus update then scan and consider updating to the latest wireless drivers and firmware.

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

You probably went in and fucked his shit up just to be able to ask for ransom. Something in the Deathstar range. :D

12. Venom51

I have enough shit to fix without creating some more.

13. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Step by step:
    1. click on the "Network" icon on task bar.
    2. right click > Properties on the specific Network connection.
    3. switch to the "Security" tab.
    4. click on "Advanced Settings" button.
    5. click the checkbox labeled "Enable Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) compliance for this network.

SundaySocial likes this.
  14. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

A couple of uppercuts to the bandwidth should fix it right up.

15. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

16. Thanks, will try that.

I can do anything with the work laptop. All of the updates and all that shit is automatic and I don't have permissions. It does its own thing once I plug it into this block thing on my desk. But I can see what I can do with my personal one.

17. Tried that. I can click that box, but then when I hit "OK", it closes and then I am given that same message. It is almost as if that router isn't compatible with the new FIPS 140-2 bullshit.

18. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

The AGCO self driving large farm equipment stuff is pretty slick.

Now I'm waiting for Elon to come out with a battery power self driving lawn mower.

-steve

19. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

Actually, it really sounds to me like it has nothing to do with your router... it's the 2 PC's. The error you posted points towards a driver issue. Are you familiar with the procedure on how to update the drivers? You'll need to plug the laptops into the router with "that wide phone cable" to be able to do it.

20. Will it do it automatically when I plug them in?