1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The end is near for Broome

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, May 8, 2016.

1. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Be honest....the reason for the Vegas wedding is due to the fear that a disproportionate number of people on the bride/groom side of the aisle wouldn't allow you to 'be there' for the ceremony.

2. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Bachelor party???? If she allows it of course

Even number of attendees I assume

Phl218 likes this.
  3. Phl218

Phl218 .

Protein shakes and treadmill challenges?

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

That's another way to induce a night of puking

5. notbostrom

Matching t shirts mandatory

6. Haha for sure. She is into working out too. She is the one that introduced me to the Insanity program.

7. 600k2

600k2 Well-Known Member

Congratulations.

I was going to post that too.

8. Haha. I mean we both have the same thoughts when it comes to spending money. We both like nice stuff and don't mind spending money on things. Like she is thinking about getting the Supercharged Range Rover as a daily driver. She helped me make the final decision on the 1299S (over the MV F3 800) because it was cooler, faster and looked better. We both feel like we have worked our asses off to get to where we are, sacrifice alot, and deserve to enjoy it.

But if we spend thousands on something, we want to be able to point at it.

We don't see the sense in spending thousands on a wedding, when you are just as married no matter how you do it. We don't see the sense in spending thousands on feeding and entertaining tons of guests that we may or may not really give a damn about anyway. :crackup: Or spending hundreds on napkins, or special invitations, and all the other bullshit.

You spend thousands, then it is over. The money is gone and there is nothing to show for it. We'd rather go to Vegas, have some fun, get married quickly and easily, and spend the money on something else.

Not to mention the stress, planning, tons of family getting involved trying to throw their .02 in everything. Fuck all that.

I was actually ok with whatever she wanted. Getting married is something she will only get to experience once. So I was going to leave it up to her, whatever she wanted, we would do. I kept my thoughts to myself.

She was actually the one who first said "can we just go to vegas, or even to the courthouse? I don't want all the hassle and stress and drama of a big wedding and don't see the sense in spending all the money on it".

Last edited: May 9, 2016
    cpettit, BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  9. notbostrom

10. Thanks. :beer:

Eh, I'm not worried about that. Her job is almost as good as mine. She has no debt and alot more in savings than i do. She doesn't need my money or my shit, she can go get anything she wants. :)

11. Will you grow the fro, stache, and wear the 70's tux? :D

Oh, and you have to cuss during the songs like that one dude who always sings in movies like Old School, Step Brothers and The Hangover. Know who im talking about? He doesn't have a role in the movies, he just sings and cussed in the songs. Dude is funny as hell. :crackup:

"I need you now tonight, I fucking need you more than ever" :crackup:

12. throwdown

throwdown Well-Known Member

I just have 2 questions for you
    1. Can you get me a job
    2. Where is the Bachelor party

13. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Except bottled water. She tried ... But she can't yet. :D

14. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

And the longer you're married, it gets even quicker, and she wants the big less and less...... :beer:

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

We're in Vegas for my buddy's bachelor party July 8-12 Chris if you're looking for some potentially good/bad ideas on timing and feel like tagging along for some pre-wedding festivities before you take the plunge. :D:D:cool:

dsmitty37 and Gorilla George like this.
  16. In for treadmills and puking. Only a 3 hour drive for me. Wife and I did the same thing, went to Vegas, got hitched and had a nice dinner. Weddings are an insane waste of money. Good for you guys.

17. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

"The Dan Band" Google them. A baller like you can probably afford to have them play your wedding!

18. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

That's Dan from "the dan band" and yes I will:)

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Vegas wedding on a race weekend out there....

pscook, Gorilla George and BigBird like this.
  20. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Your girl sounds alot like mine. It's awesome she doesn't care about all the pageantry and bullshit that comes with the traditional wedding. You should surprise her with a trip to get married on an amazing beach or on top of a mountain. She'll do the courthouse but if you do something rad she'll love it even more.