1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica NJMP April 30-May 1 Official Thread!!

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Apr 27, 2016.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Is Corey Alexander 7ft tall? Dude looks like he's riding a Grom

cajun636 and TurboBlew like this.
  2. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Props to Christy Lee. Between her show on Velocity, working the Barrett Jackson auctions, and BEIN Sports, i think she does a great job.
    She was a trooper today...and yeah I know she's the GF of some dude on here.

ekraft84, TLR67 and John29 like this.
  3. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Yup. That bike was pouring oil no doubt. Musta smashed the side cover/case when girl high sided and the bike slammed the ground.

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I thought he was gona use Herrin as a lapel pin! :D Looked like Stretch Armstrong legs & arms everywhere! :D

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

That wasn't a super bike, that was actually Caroline Olsen's 600 SSTK bike , she's the chick from Norway (I think) who got nailed in that HUGE 600 Supersport start crash at Road America like 2 years ago.

Just about. Everytime I'd see him at NJMP when he tucks in going down the front straight he picks his butt up and sits up on the tail of the bike with it so his back doesn't hump up too much lol.

[​IMG]

6. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

So does Pegram get a couple of podiums and then let go? Or will he stay on with the Superbike and Lewis runs the STK bike in addition to him?

7. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Larry got paid to fill in on the Superbike for one weekend while we figured out what we were going to do next. That was the deal, up front. He did a great job and earned some decent bonus money on top of being paid to ride and getting his expenses covered.(But for some bizarre reason he didn't actually get to stand on the podium.)

But the glamor of running a Superbike program isn't all it's cracked up to be and unless something big happens, I don't want to do it any more. It costs too much and dealing with the electronics is just too much of a PITA.

Cam Morehead and cajun636 like this.
  8. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

Larry did well but Corti finished 3rd in both races (plus first in SS) so he got double podiums

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  9. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

I hate using cell phones for stuff like this

10. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

<?> WTF??

11. Biggboi

Biggboi wera novice #446

So wait I'm lost cam b is superbike what class was eslick and what class was corti and gillam ?

12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Nope wanst Olsen... It was Chimi..... Ricardo Valdez..... Sucks too because he was on fire that weekend and kicked Ass up to that point....

13. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Eslick, Corti and Gillim are on Superstock 1000 machines. The scoring is sort of weird. The STK1000 class is scored separately for those bikes. The really strange part is that the SBK riders have to complete with the STK1000 riders for their points but not the other way around.

Pegram was the 3rd SBK over the finish line, but since he was 4th overall, he gets credited with 4th place points in Superbike. Corti was 3rd place overall and 1st in STK1000, so he gets 3rd place points in SBK and 1st place points in STK1000. There is a thread on here somewhere where this scoring system was debated.

14. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

15. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

From 2013.

16. Biggboi

Biggboi wera novice #446

I was there yesterday and to me it looked corti gillam eslick then herrin in sstk so how did pegram get 3rd they should keep them separate makes more sense that way !

17. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

If they have separate class they should have separate scoring and podiums, like they do w the 600s. Pretty sure they aren't following FIM on this deal.

418 and noles19 like this.
  18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

John, you still in Joisey or back on the Commie coast?

19. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

There's a separate thread on this. I think the consensus was that they want/need to penalize the Superbike riders for being beaten by Superstock bikes, or the separate classes really loses its purpose.

And I understand their thinking on this point. The 2nd (and beyond) place Superstock riders shouldn't be at a points disadvantage simply because the top Superstock rider put a few superbikes between himself and 2nd place. There is a much more reasonable argument to be made that the Superbike riders should be penalized for allowing someone on inferior equipment to beat them.

Dragginass likes this.
  20. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I think the discussion is on the podium deal, not the points.
    They do an O/A podium and then a separate SSTK podium, so, even though LP was the 3rd superbike rider, he was 4th O/A and 1st SSTK rider was 3rd O/A and got to stand on the podium twice.