1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race Oil Pan

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Jonathan Hatfield, Apr 23, 2016.

1. IMG_1988.JPG Does anyone know where to get one of these? Or are they just used by the factory teams?​

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

"race oil pan" ?

That looks like an normal offset oil pan that is generally used to obtain clearance for a particular type of exhaust system that is used.

For instance most OEM exhaust systems these days run in a 4-2-1 configuration. Some of the one off race systems I've seen are direct 4-1 systems (apparently this design maximizes top end performance), and depending on the bike sometimes this requires a different oil pan configuration to allow for clearance. I know this is the case for my GSXR-1000 for instance where the stock exhaust would run around either side of the pan, and the special Yoshimura 4-1 system would require a offset oil pan similar to that to allow the larger collector pipe to run right through the middle.

[​IMG]

Rogue4 and Jonathan Hatfield like this.
  3. I know exactly what you're talking about with the GSXR oil pan. But the offset you speak of and the one in the picture is on an R1, my apologies for not being more specific on the title. Now to the GSXR oil pan, do you think it's possible to get one that doesn't have any mounting points?

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

there are a couple of fabricators that make some slick oil pans for drag race bikes. Some have sump access so you can clean & check the oil pickup & pressure relief valve and also keep the oil pump from cavitating.
    I would guess there isnt much demand for Yamaha stuff though... :(

pefrey and Jonathan Hatfield like this.
  5. Thanks for the response brother, do you have any names? Maybe so that I could get ahold of someone and try and get one made for myself. Because I'll be running a factory exhaust and I'll need the offset/sump and again thanks a lot

6. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Coby Adams at Adams Performance in Mooresville NC , Brock Davidson in Ohio or Schnitz Racing. All should have FB pages

Jonathan Hatfield likes this.
  7. I never thought of Brock Davidson, and thanks for all of the information

8. TurboBlew

koenig makes one for a few different models. I dont think they sell direct though.
    Also might want to contact Cycle Concepts or RCs performance or a dwarf car fabricator. I know at least 2 of them have a CNC machine that could make a 1 off pan. I know the Koenig one is probably the best one on the market as it has all kinds of cool features & its $650.
    Dont think Brock does any fabrication work and its not like he doesnt have worshipers lined up for miles to over pay for his stuff...lol.

Jonathan Hatfield likes this.
  9. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Pretty sure you are correct on Brock, he probably carries Koenig, Schnitz, etc..

10. Okay I'm about to go look up their webpage and see if I can get something worked up. And now that you said that about Brock's lol yeah 100% true.

11. TurboBlew

just to update... Ricks Custom Cycle is another source.

12. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Off subject but not really. Contact crutchfield racing. He builds modlite racecars and engines. Specifically gsxr. He makes or has pans made that are about 2-3 less deep. And sells them with the pickups.

13. drop

drop Well-Known Member

14. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Built. Car guys get them cheap. Or most do