1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me find a Toy Hauler or Fifth Wheel Toy Hauler - Max $55,000.00

Discussion in 'General' started by whitarnold, Mar 30, 2016.

1. whitarnold

whitarnold Bike #137

Help me find a Toy Hauler or Fifth Wheel Toy Hauler - Max $55,000.00

I really like the ones that have a fenced in porch on them. Also, I have a Chevy HD250 and need to know how it will pull it?

2. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

New or used? Because, you could get one hell of a used one for much less than that. Just talked to someone yesterday up here that was going to be selling his 2008 40' triple slide toy hauler for around $25,000 Canadian, which is just under $20,000 USD.

3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

SRW or DRW truck? diesel or gas? If SRW and gas I would start with payload and work backwards from there (assuming a new truck is not in the offing). I pulled a heavy work&play 5th wheel with a gasser GMC SRW with no problems...except mpg sucked. $55k should be no problem finding a nice rig.

4. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

I've got a buddy selling his at about half your max. Damn near brand new and one of the baddest I've seen. He said he'll sign up to the site and hopefully post in this thread.

If not, I'll copy and paste details from our local site.

noahp likes this.
  5. noahp

noahp Member

Hey man I know you don't know me from Adam but you can find me on Facebook as Noah Pullen or reach me via email noah at pulln dot com, note the dropped e in pulln.com.

I have a great toy hauler that my family and I have used for a couple of years and due to work and my oldest getting a job and dual enrolled in HS and Jr College my wife and decided to sell it rather than set unused in the storage facility's lot.

Take a look and let me know what you think. We tow it with an 08 Ford F-250 SRW and have had it as far as Pennsylvania and as far south as Miami and regardless of terrain never a problem towing it.

If you like to chat PM me for my number. Thanks in advance.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/rvs/5473627991.html

G8rDuc likes this.
  6. Pitdad42

Pitdad42 Well-Known Member

Assuming you mean a Chevy 2500HD, It will have no problem pulling a large 5th wheel. Gas or Diesel, biggest difference is in gas mileage. Had a gas burner, got a whole 10 MPG when hauling our 5th wheel, double slider.

7. noahp

noahp Member

Appreciate the intro PJ. I just had this up at Barber and so glad it was there with me as I low sides in turn 5 on Saturday and was there through Sunday night. It was a nice place to hangout while I recovered. We towed it up and camped at barber for less than hotel costs.

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

Heard Broome's wagon has a scratch on it..he may be willing to part with for like pennies

Gorilla George likes this.
  9. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

Noah is one of the better peeps you'll meet on the net or in person. And that hauler is beyond ridiculous. SOOO jelly :)

noahp likes this.
  10. whitarnold

whitarnold Bike #137

It is a HD Silverado Desel 4x4

11. whitarnold

whitarnold Bike #137

I really like your toyhauler! But the wife wants to keep looking! She is sold on the one with the porch for the two toddlers! I would take yours in a heart beat if it was just me! We will be using it a lot more than just the race track 20 times a year! We will be camping most weekends at our Smith Lake Lot!

noahp likes this.
  12. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

I've got a super long baby gate/play pen you can purchase with above toy hauler and problem solved. DAMN that TH is NIIIICE

G8rDuc and noahp like this.
  13. Yeah, by wanting something with a porch you are REALLY limiting yourself. You would be better off just getting a portable playpen or something.

Toy haulers are cheap (relatively). Meaning for $55k you can get a loaded out triple axle 40' one....maybe even new if you shop around and do some negotiating.

noahp likes this.
  14. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Racingjunk.com

noahp likes this.
  15. whitarnold

whitarnold Bike #137

Very cool! I might find what I am not looking for on this site....Like a 40'-0" Tractor Trailer Truck "Home"....LOL

16. noahp

noahp Member

Totally tracking. I live by the same metric and I call it the WAF, wife acceptance factor. Like your wife both my wife and I wanted the porch as well and still do but I will say that we have visited a ton of campgrounds in and out of Florida and have found very few have the lot size needed to keep one of those open. Having you own lot in the Lake definitely helps as you won't be squeezed in to a 20 by 49 slip all the time.

My wife and I have actually considered buying a lot to keep the camper on for quick weekend getaways.

Thanks for looking and I am confident you'll find that just right RV. When you do I highly suggest looking at buying the Good Sam extended warranty, we did and it served us well.

Also check the RV owners forums.

17. noahp

noahp Member

I've been thinking about getting a CDL so my wife and I could do this once the kids are out of the house. We'd just sell our home and full time it in the RV.

18. noahp

noahp Member

Appreciate the kind words brother. Hope we can catch up at a bike nite soon. I may have to cage it though as I am nursing a sore wrist and shoulder from a low side at Barber.

I am still giving some very serious thought to getting my race lic by end of year or early 2017.

19. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

I didn't think you needed a CDL if it was for personal (and not business) use only? Hence all the people driving around class A motorhomes with normal licenses.

20. noahp

noahp Member

I was very surprised that for everything up to a class A there is no endorsement required on your lic. For the big rig though I have been told that you do have to have a CDL even if not for hire.

The fact that I have to have an endorsement to operate a motorcycle but not for towing 13k lbs plus the weight of the truck makes me angry as hell.