1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2007 SV650R $4500

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Skip Chance, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Skip Chance

Skip Chance Member

Hello everyone, my name is Skip Chance. Some of you may have known my dad Jimmy Chance "Phat Chance" on the board, and James Chance, my older brother. James raced through the mid-2000's.

I have a 2007 SV 650 for sale.

This bike has been completely stripped down to the frame and re-built from the ground up with one goal in mind. Build one of the best handling sport bikes you can buy. Whether you are a novice, a seasoned rider, or expert racer, this is the bike for you.

This bike is not even comparable to a stock SV. It shares the same frame, same motor, and that's about it.

I started off by buying a used motor with just over 11,000 Miles. We took the top end of the motor apart and milled the heads .020". The motor was sent to my good friend, 2014 AMA pro tuner of the year, Rick Matheny. He installed a set of cams, performed a 5 angle valve job, set the compression level, bypassed the dual spark system and pair valve system. The end result was about a 10 hp gain over stock. Motor now has a little over 20,000 Miles. Emissions charcoal canister BS was removed as well.

The front end of the motorcycle was removed and replaced with a 2009 GSXR 600 front end. This includes GSXR inverted front forks with completely adjustable pre-load, compression and rebound dampening. Tokiko 4 piston radial mounted front brake calipers. GSXR front wheel. GSXR clutch perch and front brake master cylinder.

To keep the bike set up like stock with the upgraded forks, I designed and machined a one of the kind top triple tree from 6061 Aluminum. It allows for the instrument cluster, ignition switch, and handlebars all to be mounted and function like stock. I also made stainless steel clamps to mount the headlight to the bigger forks.

Next the rear wheel was replaced also with a 2008 GSXR 600 rear wheel.

Rear sprocket is +2 teeth for faster acceleration. I will also include a steel vortex sprocket to put back to stock ratio if desired.

The rear shock was replaced with a Kawaski ZX-10 rear shock. It is fully adjustable.

Other goodies are:

K&N lifetime air filter
    Removable Suzuki headlight cover
    EBC HH brake pads
    Spiegler Stainless Steel braided brake lines
    GSXR Steering Dampener.
    Stainless steel Yoshimura slip on exhaust
    Stainless steel exhaust mounting bracket I made
    Flush mount LED turn signals front and rear.
    Fender eliminator

Bike was just serviced, and is ready to ride. It is in excellent condition and very clean. Located in Savannah, GA

Clean Title in Hand

(912) 659 8982
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Whats the asking price?

3. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

You been sniffin' too much paint. It's in the title!

4. Phat Chance

Phat Chance Silence, I kill you!

Skip and I are very proud of this build. It will make a great track/race bike for someone or an awesome bike for someone who wants a fantastic handling bike

Skip Chance likes this.
  5. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

sniffing and late work hours for sure!

6. Skip Chance

Skip Chance Member

Bike is still for sale and I have lowered the asking price to $4,300.