1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mustang GT mods

Discussion in 'General' started by Fonda Dix, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

As mentioned in the muscle car forum thread, most car forums are useless. They are fanboi central. So, I came here.

Does anybody with Mustang (GT) experience have an opinion on exhausts and other mods? I have a 2016 that I want to put an exhaust on but I dont want drone if possible. I have listened to hundreds of online videos but they only tell you so much.

Also, if other suggestions for useful (warranty legal) mods are made I would appreciate it.

2. Marc16S1000rr

Marc16S1000rr Member

I just had a 2016 Mustang I just traded in for an SUV I ended up going with corsa xtreme exhaust on mine

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

3. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

I've always been a flowmaster fan. 40 series of any kind drone like crazy. The 50 series on my GMC doesn't at all. I always buy some mufflers and have a shop bend up the exhaust how I want.

4. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Magnaflow or Borla............... Blowmaster's quality has gone to shit

5. joec

joec brace yourself

When I see flowmaster stickers, I always think tampons.

Marc16S1000rr likes this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

For Sale sign

:D

7. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

K&N air intake kit or other quality unit like Volant--supposedly good for 17HP on their dynojet dyno @ K&N

8. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

BBK Shortie Headers
    X-pipe
    Flow master exhaust (no cats)
    Best sounding car I ever had hands down.

Ride safe,
    AAron

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Trade it in on a GT350. Flat plane crank = aural win.

10. orangesuzuki

orangesuzuki Well-Known Member

I would do kooks long tubes with high flow cats to a cat back exhaust. Big money not going to lie but the best fit out there by far. Sounds and performs very well.

11. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

Talk to the guys down at VMP Tuning er, VMP Performance (they just changed their name) or Van at Revan Racing. For exhaust I would suggest Corsa or Borla. I've got Roush Axle Backs on my 2012 GT500 and it sounds like an IMSA Grand Sports race car when you romp on it. I don't know if the new ones are still coming with that heavy ass two piece drive shaft but I put an aluminum single piece on and holy hell it makes a big difference in spin up time not having to deal with all that weight.

-steve

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I always think of the "Woo-woo"

[​IMG]

13. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

Full exhaust or minimal like an axle back? I didn't really feel like dumping much money into my '12 GT, so I just picked up GT 500 mufflers. They are bolt-on and stock looking, except the tips are slightly different. They are a little louder, but nothing too bad (pretty much what I was going for). I'm not sure if the new models have the same part compatibility with the GT350 though. I haven't really looked into anything else, since it's fast enough and I'd rather spend that money tricking out the grom...

BigBird likes this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

Grom>>>GT

This rider knows where his priorities are :D #GromLife