1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stupid AT&T

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Mar 3, 2016.

1. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I just left AT&T after 18 years with them. I went to Ting which seems like it will be perfect for me because I'm almost always on wifi and don't use many minutes and they are pay for what you use. My bill went from $95 to about $30, plus it feels good to give someone else my money.

2. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I have unlimited LTE on 2 lines with hotpsot on TMO and pay $111.xx a month.

DirecTV keeps getting more and more expensive and they keep removing services since the ATT buyout. I'm about to cut them loose. The new app is horrible, they've reduced the number of streaming channels, they got rid of DIRECTV2PC which I used every Sunday to watch races on the deck, half of the 'genieGO' stuff requires you to be on the same network as your DVR (where is the 'GO' part of that??) ... and the price keeps creeping up. I'm being charged for regional sports just because they can. I've never even seen these 2 channels before and they added $3.63 a month and wont remove it. I've been with them for 15 years and this is the worst its been.

ARGH I hate AT&T.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Boss caught the $3.63 increase and flipped out :D

4. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

This is what we have, and so far so good on data... of course I also have a mobile MIFI device through Verizon that I get through work... so that certainly helps when we arent on home WIFI

5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I have unlimited data from Verizon, grandfathered in from back when it was Alltel. Those pricks always try and get me to switch to a cheaper plan, then I ask oh will I lose my unlimited? Oh well bite my ass then!

6. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

Those dirty rat bastards! Just looked at my bill after reading this, they bumped my package $5 and the equipment rental $.50. I'm currently on tier 2 of customer support...

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Did they just ping you with a $20/mo increase? Two of the lines on my acct were still under the unlimited data olan and they jacked the monthly for those two lines

8. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

I had someone jail break my last phone. Then I installed MyWi which allowed it to function as a hotspot. Worked pretty good. The only downside is you can't update the phone or the jail break is undone.

9. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure, I'll have to check but it wouldn't surprise me.. I've been trying to find a alternative carrier for the other lines and I'll just keep my unlimited line.