1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race boot saga, looking for narrow toe!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by redciv1, Feb 27, 2016.

1. redciv1

redciv1 Well-Known Member

So I'm.in the market for some race boots and my local shop had A* Super Tech RS. Tried them on and love the inner support. What I don't like is the relatively wide toe area of the A*. Tried the Sidi Mag1 and love the narrow toe area of the Sidi(took me a week to figure out it was the different toe design.) Question, since my local retailer only has Sidi and A*, I wanted to know which other boots had the same narrow toe area as the Sidi? I was looking at the Puma 1000 specifically.

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I saw the title and thought Sidi immediately lol. Only one I've owned that has a toe box made for ballerinas.

3. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

Are you saying you are a ballerina?

4. redciv1

LOL, I guess I am a little ballerina that likes the little box. Tecknic too, I have a pair of old Nitro that reminds me of A* and a pair of Tecknic that have narrow box like Sidi. Anybody have experience with PUMA?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  5. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

I bought a pair of used Pumas once. The toe box was incredibly narrow.

6. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Funny, I have 2 pairs of Sidi's.....the Vortice's fit great...the older (I forget the model) are toe killers, both size 46....apparently they changed their molds?

7. redciv1

So hard to find Pumas locally to check for. Think I narrowed down to Sidi and Puma though.