what on earth is aaron yates doing?

Discussion in 'General' started by mad brad, Jun 12, 2001.

1. Linz Leard

Linz Leard Active Member

Yes, Darrel Hurst, a former flat tracker and motorcycle dealer here in Houston - Hurst Yamaha and Marine. Even when KS wore the #1 on his bike, he still had a "shadow" #34 behind it, barely visible.

L

2. timspeed

timspeed Well-Known Member

You guys are too much. Cool though. I miss seeing him weekly on tv but I hope to be in one of his schools sometime. I don't think many of those fast guys went to schools much for racing, so I don't really think they are worth as much as they cost. Not for a po' white boy like me. But I would like to hear what he has to say.

3. TX racer

TX racer Well-Known Member

JU thanks, it was Tom. Who was the other guy on the HNS team? Was it Bruce Baldus?

Brad you're right Nori did put a good one on Colin at Hockenhiem, but no one runs away there, even on a HONDA! And if you knew anything about the Yamaha, everyone including Haga said the bike had plenty of power up top, it was just getting there that was the problem. What were Colins best finish's on the Yamaha...let's see Monza, Hockenhiem, Phillip Island and Sugo if I'm not mistaken. Let's see are there any long straights there? And where did most of Haga's wins come at? Don't get me wrong Haga is a great rider with a terrific style, but over a season, he just dosen't have the juice.

4. mad brad

mad brad Guest

tx your' killing me with comedy!last season haga had the juice{ephedrine}but seriously, no one rode better all season than haga.i am not a communist i am just giving credit where it is due.haga was hands down the best superbike rider in the world last year.that is the first reality, the second reality is colin edwards won a championship by default.but he did win it so you can relish in your hollow accomplishment.

GO TEXAS TATER-TOT!!!!!!!!!!

5. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

ROTFLMAO! [​IMG]

6. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

What's this have to do with being a communist? What's wrong with being a communist?

Oh wait, we won...

"Yay, Capitalism"
    -Austin Powers

[​IMG]

7. mad brad

mad brad Guest

8. mad brad

mad brad Guest

mmmmuuuuussssstt hit ffffifty ppppppooooossttss.

9. mad brad

mad brad Guest

MMMUUUSSST HAAAAAVE FFFFLAMMMMIIINNNG FFOOOLLDEEEEERRR!

10. wera516

wera516 I am not BC61

I can help get you some fire on your folder.

11. GSXRGUY

GSXRGUY Guest

Here's your fifty, Brad [​IMG]

12. mad brad

mad brad Guest

sweet!thanks guys!

13. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

Wow, take that filth somewhere else! [​IMG]

14. mad brad

mad brad Guest

you want some don't ya bitch?! [​IMG]

15. TX racer

TX racer Well-Known Member

Excuse me english teacher, I did forget the word A@#HOLE, at the end [​IMG]

Colin did not do well at Sugo, I stand corrected. And Haga's best finish @ Laguna was on the R7 not the YZF. And your saying that Edwards dosen't have heart? You obviously have not followed his career, but to say also that Doohan was a boring racer to watch?! (I must premise this by saying I'm not a big Doohan fan.) And for your info. he was not post Rainey or Schwantz he was just the last of the era. Doohan just made it look boring by kicking the shit out of everyone. Obviously you also have not followed his career either, because he would always lay down the most lurid power slides I have ever seen while leading and not just on the last lap. (Although Rainey's were pretty spectacular also) Doohan became a whiner, and a sponsor monger, but he was getting truck loads of cash and any one of us here would probably do the same. If you wanted to watch someone who was spectacular and had heart, then Doohan was for sure the one to watch.

16. mad brad

mad brad Guest

NAH, doohan was absolutely boring! i stand on that that. lap times are not everything to me.but the most lurid slides go to gaza mccoy.

GO TEXAS TAP DANCER!!!

17. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

18. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

19. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

I am not taking anything away from Aaron Yates as a person or trying to diminish his accomplishments on the race track. What I am implying is that so much of what contributes to a rider's success at the world level becomes a political game of "haves" versus "have nots". Also, there is so much more depth of talent in WSB that one mistake in one corner of one lap can take you out of the top ten finishers in any race. Factor in one-off wild card riders, travel, strange food, new tracks etc. and it becomes a tough road. Watch BenBoz ride now, he certainly is a much better rider with a season and a half of WSB under his belt than he was when he left. Could Aaron land the factory twin required to win the series? Probably not. Could he run at the front on a four? Some days yes, some days no. Would his level of competition improve...obviously. Would he improve as a rider...immensely. Would his quality of life improve...doubtfully. He is racing and doing quite well in arguably the toughest domestic series there is. Would I cheer for him and support him if he did pursue WSB...of course. All in all, he probably is exactly where he belongs.