1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beware: Motostorm.it

Discussion in 'General' started by dsmitty37, Feb 19, 2016.

1. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

My girlfriend wanted to get me new gloves for Christmas. I showed her the Alpinestars GP Pro gloves on the Alpinestars website. I have never owned a pair of Alpinestars gloves so we measured my hands per the Alpinestars website instructions, says I should wear a size large. She shops around and finds the cheapest place is Motostorm.it She orders them from there and they ship out and arrive in time for Christmas. Christmas morning comes and I open them up. I notice right off the bat that the stitching on the middle finger of the left hand glove is messed up and there is a hole where 2 pieces of leather join and the stitching was missing. I try the right glove on and it does not fit. My girlfriend contacts them and they said send them back on our dime and they will replace the gloves and reimburse the shipping costs. Awesome. She she boxes them up and sends them off to Italy. It takes 5 days to get there and another 20 days to clear customs and finally reach the Motostorm.it address. Girlfriend gets an email saying they are not going to exchange the gloves as they have been used. Used? When? Its winter in NY. My girlfriend emails them back and reiterates the gloves were a Christmas present and never used. Motostorm.it says they sent the gloves to Alpinestars to be fixed and are sending them back. No, do not send them back, they don't fit. Motostorm.it says the gloves have signs of a lot of use. I email the company and never received a response. Motostorm.it sends the gloves back. who ever did the stitching repair job must have been a blind monkey, it was horrendous, i could envision having a low side and the seam bursting and my middle finger getting ground to shreds. My girlfriend took pictures and emailed them to Motostorm.it. They said that was not a satisfactory repair job and will exchange the gloves for a new pair in the correct size but they still say the gloves show heavy signs of use but shipping is on our dime with no reimbursement. Beware this company, they are a bunch of idiots who will never again get any of my business and I want to make sure no one else has to go through anything like this ever again.

2. joec

joec brace yourself

Pics?
    Of the gloves too. :)

BigBird, Wheel Bearing and TLR67 like this.
  3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Italy...really? Try some place this side of the globe.

G 97 likes this.
  4. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Riders Discount, TJ would have hooked you up. They were having an amazing sale on AlpineStars in December.

B. Myers and BigBird like this.
  5. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Lots of great retailers here in the US. I always hear good stuff about Riders Discount and STG will go above and beyond.

6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:stupid: Don't really see the point of ordering a pair of gloves from overseas.

7. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

Here's where you went wrong...

not ordering from TJ at Riders Discount, or Sportbike Track Gear.
    They are both amazing at customer service, and they are both U.S.-based companies.

/story

cajun636 and TLR67 like this.
  8. charles

charles The Transporter

How did you pay for the gloves?

9. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

So you shopped around and made a decision exclusively based on price instead of reputation and customer service, and then got exactly what you (didn't) pay for.

Canadian Bacon and BigBird like this.
  10. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Hate to agree with these guys piling on but this is spot on, price alone is a bad way to shop.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well....now you know why :confused:

12. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Rider's Discount would have beat everyone else in price and discount.

And for gloves...HELD....A-Stars makes GREAT suits and boots....but their gloves SUCK.

B. Myers likes this.
  13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

14. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Also...I wear a XL glove and had to go to a XXXL glove to fit Properly as they run very small......FYI

15. SoCal1000

SoCal1000 Will work for tires

I have been wearing the High Racer glove for over 4 years now. The combination of quality, fit and comfort is the best I have found. And the price is very fair. I highly recommend.

I should also mention they have protected me well in two nasty crashes.

16. kbro45

kbro45 Well-Known Member

I wear the Racer R-safe and it has been a great glove. I feel like I have better dexterity and feel in this glove then I did the handroid or cortech adrenaline II. I plan on buying the High Speed glove next time around.

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

that's saying a lot has those two gloves are known for their great feel. hmmm..may have to give it a try in the future.

Know if they have like a long/skinny finger size?

18. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Plus 150000 for TJ at RD..!! Best place around with the best service to boot..... I will be ordering a full system from here in a bit... Could I get one cheaper overseas??? Hell no... : )

19. kbro45

kbro45 Well-Known Member

Some of the glove models fit differently. They said the "secaro" has longer fingers, but is it discontinued. I called them before I ordered and Lee, who runs their operation in the US, answered and was very helpful. He measured a couple gloves for me until we found the right fit.

BigBird likes this.
  20. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

I think the girlfriend used her debit card