1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP on TV

Discussion in 'General' started by MotoGP69, Feb 11, 2016.

1. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

The BEIN Sports Channel cost $15.00 month in Canada. 9 months March - November = 135.00

The MotoGP Video pass is 100 Euros which is 155.00 CDN dollars
    The WSBK Video pass is 70 Euros which is 109 CDN dollars

And it seems like a lot of people were complaining about freezing and lock ups with the Video pass last year. I know it sucked during the last round from where i was with friends who had the MOTOGP pass

So I'll pay 135.00 instead of $264.00

Dorna should have a combo pass!

2. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

Can anyone confirm this? I have not seen anything on it from searching.

3. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

So far it's just rumor mill via the Soup article.

I'm waiting to pull the trigger on any type of subscription until I hear something definitive.....

4. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

Wait what??

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Link or it's bravo sierra.

6. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

The app is free but you still need a subscription to watch the racing.

7. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

BEING will definitely cover Moto GP this year, saw infomercial on the channel itself yesterday.

8. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

It's on at my house :D

9. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

The video pass app offered by motogp.com truly sucks, and doesn't offer chrome cast support currently. Bein sport offers world sbk as well, so if you already have a sling subscription you can basically add both racing series for another $5 per month on top of the $20 normal sling monthly. Keep in mind that only gets you live streaming, no dvr or on demand.

We are recent cord cutters at my house so researching all the ways to watch racing was the first priority. I ended up getting video pass for motogp. They actually have a TON of content other than just the races themselves. It's very worth it, even with a flaky app.

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Don;t know about the app, but I've been chrome casting from the MotoGP Video Pass site for the past three seasons.

11. bee_rossi

bee_rossi Active Member

You can cast from chrome browser within Google chrome on a pc

The android and iOS app do not yet support AirPlay or chromecast

I hooked a lightning to hdmi cable from my iPhone to tv , only drawback you cannot use your phone while watching
    As you could if AirPlay or chromecast were supported on the mobile app

12. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Moto GP pass has been flawless for me over the pass two years. Granted, I rarely watch the races live; prefer a few hours later after i get some coffee in me. Plus, technically you're asking a lot for World wide live coverage; would expect drop outs and such all things considered.

Also have a pretty nice FiOS fiber connection, which I'm sure makes a difference.

Will never watch it on Cable/TV again. They keep stopping the race for these silly 30 second messages, what's that all about ;-)

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Iirc, bein ran the WSBK races flag to flag, commercial free. At least the live showings.

14. eppy01f4i

eppy01f4i Well-Known Member

Like stated above the cast extension for chrome allows you to cast anything on your PC.

Download the extension, pull up on PC, hit "cast" tab, off you go!

panthercity likes this.