1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bernie Sanders: What he's really about, in his own words

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by The Dung Beetle, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Don't worry. You repay me in LOLs.

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

So original. ;)

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm thinking that would require a lot more people on board than just Burnie. I'm not opposed, but the pres, any pres, cannot simply strike down laws.

Ghost of Casby likes this.
  4. Ganja Dude

Ganja Dude Well-Known Member

Isn't using executive orders all the rage these days? :)

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I kinda like doing in in accordance with the constitution. Not a big fan of executive anything other than vacations. They do less harm when they are golfing.

Ghost of Casby and Ganja Dude like this.
  6. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Considering you took it to one extreme I took it to the other.

You've sold the problem in your own post, and you don't have to break the law to do it.

Ganja Dude likes this.
  7. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

You know as well as I do that he doesn't have to be able to do it, he just has to promise to do it so he gets the votes.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Are you seriously making from Bernie's age? :D

Orvis, R Acree and dtalbott like this.
  9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

"SANDERS: "A male African-American baby born today stands a one-in-four chance of ending up in jail. That is beyond unspeakable."

THE FACTS: Sanders, like Clinton in an earlier debate, exaggerated the rate of incarceration for black males.

A 2003 report from the Bureau of Justice Statistics said, "About 1 in 3 black males, 1 in 6 Hispanic males, and 1 in 17 white males are expected to go to prison during their lifetime, if current incarceration rates remain unchanged." But that was only a projection. The report went on to say that at the time, 16.6 percent of adult black males had actually ever gone to prison, or 1 in 6.

Since then, the incarceration rate for black men has actually gone down instead of up, according to the Sentencing Project."

From his own mouth.

Ghost of Casby likes this.
  10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

This would seem to be Orvis' area of expertise.

11. Ganja Dude

Ganja Dude Well-Known Member

Like I've said before I don't listen to any of them. I just know that we have one of if not the highest incarceration rate in the world based on population.

12. dtalbott

So are they implying that there are a bunch of innocent black men in prison, or a bunch of guilty white men walking the street

13. They're implying that the entire criminal justice system needs reformed. From the ridiculous WOD, to the police hiring and training practices, to reluctance, at times, to hold police accountable for their actions.

14. dtalbott

Police should be held accountable
    Have they given any details on how to reform the system so fewer blacks and more whites get arrested?

15. I can't say for certain, but I have a pretty good hunch that, aside from a few white crooks on wall street, Bernie doesn't want white people to be arrested at a higher rate than they currently are.

16. Certainly no less original than the post it was responding to. ;)

17. dtalbott

Would you guess a reduction in drug sentencing, or legalization?

18. My guess would be legalization or decriminilization of at least MJ, but as Acree said, it will take more than just the president to do it. I think the consensus of the American people is shifting in that direction though.

19. dtalbott

First, I don't care what drugs anybody does, as long as they don't endanger anybody else

Second, have you heard of any businesses changing their drug policies reflecting the current legalization?

Third, did you see the new study on memory loss for long-term mj smokers?

20. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Oh come on RFKA. Instead of posting a sarcastically clever come back why not just explain what the error of his post was.