1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All around tow vehicle

Discussion in 'General' started by Gino230, Feb 9, 2016.

1. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

The new trucks are pretty damn nice compared to the 2006. Even the 2011-14 were pretty nice inside. The only difference between the 2011 to the 2015+ is the body/interior chassis/drivetrain is unchanged. The engine brake is really nice, I almost don't have to use the brakes coming off the highway with my trailer in tow/haul mode. Try driving one, you'll like it :)

2. whitarnold

whitarnold Bike #137

Sure will, you are still talking about the chevy silverado 2500hd - correct? I will test drive one this weekend!

3. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Hey me too! Except you got it wrong on watches. My well bought watches have easily exceed my investment portfolio in annual rate of return.

4. DWhyte91

I am. I recently upgraded from the 11 to a 15.5. It's more refined inside but drives/handles the exact same. Actually the steering seems lighter in my 15 which I don't particularly like so I'm adding a steering stabilizer to firm it up a tad.

5. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Agreed! I get 34 hwy (80)/31 daily /18 towing 6x12 and compare to high grade gas since every car Ive bought in the last decade requires it. And so nice to cruise at 1700 rpm with the occasional kick to 2000 for a hill versus how a gas engine tows.

Rrider likes this.
  6. Pudge

Pudge Well-Known Member

I've got a 2015.5 3500 srw high country and it's miles ahead of my 2011 silverado's interior. It's really quiet inside compared to older models. The heated and cooled seats are nice and I use the engine break even when not towing. The only thing I want to add is a steering stabilizer b/c as said above the steering does feel a bit light.

I've hauled 20k lb gooseneck (engine break is so nice) and had 3000 lbs in the bed and it's handled it great.

7. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

On the Chevy note, test drive the GMC Denali with the Duramax, it's an exceptional truck. My local GMC dealer had 2 leftover 15 models and they could be had for $60K, that was last year in June/ July when I was looking.

The reasons I was swayed into getting a Ram were the Megacab and the 865 torque with the Aisin transmission.
    On looks alone I still think that the GMC is the easiest on the eyes in the hd segment and the Denali interior is so plush.

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

o_O

That's a lot of coin... At least to me

9. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

They were both in the upward of $70K sticker price when they hit the lot in late 2014. It is a truck that from the build sheet has the most expensive of everything- a truck thats truly capable as a truck and also has an incredible interior.
    As a comparison, you're not going to come near a current year Escalade for $60K and that's with a gasser motor and not the $6-8K Duramax option.

10. brake

Razr likes this.
  11. Waitaholdit! When did they start having a Duramax Escalade available???

12. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

They don't, it was an apples to oranges comparison to give the truck price a little perspective, a new hd diesel Denali is a steal at $60k.

13. Ah ok, i was about to be pissed that i didnt know about that.

14. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

:stupid: A diesel Escalade will probably be $100k, are you sure you want one? :beer:

15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

um what? The ecoboost been around long enough that the turbos have proven reliable, even when the boost is turned up.
    A local shop got a 4dr full weight ecoboosted truck into the 11s in the 1/4 with a good exhaust/intake. They stopped looking for power when they breached the 500 ft lb torque mark.

16. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

11s for a truck? o_O I've driven a stock 3.5 Ecoboost and it moves, not surprised that there's room for a lot more power.
    Seeing all the great reviews that the 2.7 Ecoboost is getting I will not hesitate if I wanted one.

There are engines with turbos on them that are counted to go for millions of miles, don't tell that to the people who like the sound of a v8.

On the turbos/ supercharger and voiding warranty note- I know that TRD superchargers with Toyota do not void the warranty if factory installed and tuned. Nissan/ Infiniti are the same with warranty with the Stillen superchargers, nothing is voided.

17. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

We've gone threw a ton with BMW, a few with Porsche, Saab. Turbo's in the commerical and semi diesels we had at my previous moving company needed rebuilding long before engines did etc.

18. DWhyte91

I actually prefer my old heated seats as they were electric and these work through the HVAC system somehow so you've got cold ass until the truck gets heat. A/C seats are fantastic!

I love my Denali. By the time I loaded an LTZ it was almost the same price.

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Well, it IS a Duramax so his usage may be correct ;)

20. Pudge

Pudge Well-Known Member

Where's the bird smiley for both of you.:mad: