1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race starts and Traction Control -or- Why I'm Last Into T1.....

Discussion in 'General' started by cpettit, Feb 11, 2016.

1. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

So my race bike is a 2012 848 with the factory TC and QS systems. IT works well but there is no on/off toggle switch, you have to scroll through screens, hold down buttons, select the mode you want and then hold the button down to accept it. This aint happenin during a race or on the start line (I got enough going on in my head without having to try to fuck with all that too).

So, if I leave it on I get a shit start cause as soon as the front wheel lifts just a bit it cuts power. I guess I can just leave it off but on days when it's wet or a bit cold and slippery (like mid ohio often is) things can get sketchy real quick. On my last bike, 08 GSXR 750, I was good at starts and could often be one of the first 3-5 guys into t1 which in sprint racing is obviously important. This thing has me perplexed.

Anybody else have this dilemma? Any good ideas other than just turn it off and ride like we all used to?

2. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

My Multi has 5 different level settings. Does it launch horribly in all level settings?

3. cpettit

It has 8 levels of adjustment. I've gone as low as 3 but it still sucks. I'm gonna play with 1 and 2 first chance I get this season.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

5. Chip

Chip Registered

Turn it off.....

6. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Turn it off... I had it on my 08 600 as well as my 848 when I got it. To me, it's pretty useless on a middleweight. When we last raced at Barber, you guys slaughtered me. I ripped all that junk off, kept the microtec and the QS and that was it. Rev it to 6700rpm, dump the clutch and go.

7. Phl218

Phl218 .

on the Pani, at the drag strip, i get the best launches with all systems off. i would want to have them back on though going into turn 1.

8. cpettit

Well dammit, I bought a new fancy electronic bike a few years ago and it turns out its just a regular old bike with some gizmos that are a pain in the ass. Great.

Cam Morehead likes this.
  9. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Lol

Don't feel bad, Broome does that with everything he buys.

Gorilla George likes this.
  10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

But Broome pays Livengood to handle things he doesn't want to understand.

11. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Maybe Cpetit can hire Livengood too.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Broome would pay extra so he couldn't just to win.

Gorilla George and cav115 like this.
  13. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Maybe get the Gripone unit with the launch control ?

14. cpettit

Sounds cool, Now I gotta go google wtf it is.

15. cpettit

If I had money like you i'd hire a whole team of techs!

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Broome would take them out with a busload of uppercuts.

17. Won't happen, Broome will just pay him more c

18. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

That early Ducati traction control is junk, just turn it to level 1 or off completely.

19. As much as it pains me to say this, he's pretty smart doing that. Don't get me wrong, he has major issues, like shit Dr Phil wouldn't touch, but when other people take a weekend or 6 to figure shit out Broome just pays someone to have it figured out.

Gorilla George, stk0308 and JTW like this.
  20. cpettit

I've also been told that it was engineered for the stock tire sizes and using the larger slicks can throw of the TC system a bit. I know the bike cam with Pirelli Diablo SC (same like the race tire but different compound) but I've always run Dunlop slicks. Wondering if I should try the Pirelli's. ???