1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rocketrider911 Ripped me off!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by gsxrsrad1000, Sep 9, 2008.

1. RocketRider911

RocketRider911 Well-Known Member

To the guy who bought the ohlins damper I sent you the exact one I pictured. You got your money back even though I received a different damper back.

To the guy who bought the pit bull damper. I sent you a damper with no damage. You returned it with damage. I'm sorry there was amiscommunication on wether it fit your bike.

Some used parts have damage I do my best to send pictures & test parts before they are shipped. Sometimes it takes me a few days to ship parts or even return an email or text.

I do my best to sell people decent parts, I actually would perfer if people would pick them up. Occasionally there are issues, if you don't want the occasional issue buy brand new parts.

Not all buyers are honest either, like the guy who sent me back a different ohlins damper then I sent him. That was clear because it didn't have the markings on it I put on it before it was sold to know it was the part I sold

2. gixxer600

gixxer600 Well-Known Member

Hey genius, there's a serial number already on the damper for identification purposes. You don't need to add your super secret, can't be removed, not even sanded off, etching process that leaves no marks on the surface but penetrates into the metal, black light stamp. You got the exact damper you sent me. You even said it had been sitting for two years. Seals break down over time. When that happens fluid leaks out and air takes its place. Air doesn't offer resistance and the slide moves freely making the damper useless. And I still don't see you denying that you tried to pass off a stock Kawi Ohlins damper as a genuine one. That's shady and you know it. Huge difference in price and quality.

P.S. You still owe me the $5.95 I paid to return the damper to you. We can call it even if you stop selling junk.

3. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

My .02

I've never dealt with the guy so not bashing him.

I sell a lot of used parts. I have about 1500 different used PN's on the shelf right now. In 16 years of selling used stuff on Ebay and Forums I have yet to have a single return. Zero PayPal claims, zero bad feedback on a forum. If you have this many guys pissed off at you in 1 thread you are doing it wrong, really wrong.

If we have a part on the shelf that looks at all shady, isnt 100% confirmed correct fitment or could possibly be considered not as described we toss it. Its not worth the issues, time or money to deal with pissed off people and return nightmares.

You need to quit selling used stuff until you can figure out where your malfunction is.

4. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I get banned for posting a fucking youtube video and this jack off is ripping members off left and right and he's still here?! I get the technicality that posting a youtube video is a big forum no-no. I don't need to be explained that any further... Ban the fucking crook so more people don't have to go through the bullshit explained in this thread. I was going to buy a part from his classified ad. Glad I saw this thread first.

5. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

^ He has a point.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And close an avenue for people to talk to him?

7. This was done in the past without much problem.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What "this" are you talking about? I never banned many classified posters even if people got pissed at them.

9. Closing this route of communication when it is the only way people know the person.

10. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

Trackstar is a stand-up guy and sells good stuff
    He may be horrible at racing, don't know
    His kid corners low
    I don't buy from people I don't know
    Don't ban this dude, I want to hear this....

11. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Mods - just change his user name to Rocketrider 911 Rip off artist. Then, people know and can still communicate with him. Easy peasy.

12. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

SEE!?! this is why we need the crack up emoticon!!!

Well played Joe.

50Joe, TurboBlew and Cam Morehead like this.
  13. joec

joec brace yourself

I can't believe there was no "liftoff" picture.

Disappointed.

14. RocketRider911

There was a miscommunication with the guy on the pit bull damper, he asked if another part fit his bike I said it did. He then later asked condition of the pit bull damper (which was listed fitting a different bike then he owned).. I sent him a mint steering damper & he returned it damaged. So im supposed to give him a full refund? He agreed to a discounted refund due to the damage & is now unhappy. The ohlins damper worked just fine & he was sent multiple picts of it before it was sent to him. I mark my parts with a stamp that's only visable with uv light so i know if I do have to do a return & refund. I was returned a damper without my uv marking which shows me that someone swapped out the damper, guy even admits that he gave it to a shop to install & that's when it suddenly didn't work.

15. RocketRider911

Oh & paypal told me to file a police report & then they would side with me on the ohlins damper. I chose not to due that purely based on the fact that it was a deal done with a wera member.

16. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Why did you sell an Ohlins damper off a stock bike without telling the buyer?

17. Or it may just backfire on you for fraud?

18. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

And a false police report. Just because there is one doesnt mean the filing party is right....or honest.

19. gixxer600

gixxer600 Well-Known Member

I guess I need to check back every couple of days to see what BS you're trying to pass off. You keep talking about this magical UV stamping/etching method that is impossible to remove, leaves no surface marks, yet you say it's etched down under the surface of the metal and would need to be ground down to the center to remove. Either it's removable or not. Make up your mind. I'm guessing you just use a simple UV ink stamp and are trying to make it sound more technical than it really is.

I never took it to the shop to have it installed. Don't put words in my mouth. My account of what happened is posted on the previous page of this post. I took it to the shop to see what was wrong with it because I could tell immediately after taking it out of the package it wasn't working right. I gave the guy at the shop the damper. He wrote my name in permanent marker on it assuming I was going to have it serviced. I told him where I got it and he handed it right back to me telling me to get a refund. I was there less than 5 minutes and it never left my sight. When I got home I wiped off my name with paint stripper and sent it back. IF you had a uv ink stamp on it was probably wiped off when wiped my name off.

All these responses and you still haven't tried to defend passing off a stock Kawi Ohlins damper as a true Ohlins. And as for police reports, if paypal had sided with you I had already made arrangements to file one against you. If you really think I switched out dampers why don't you come look at the cheap Chinese one on my bike right now! I STILL don't have an Ohlins damper. Paypal was holding the money and I had to get what I could with what I had.

I honestly believe you think I switched the damper out, but I honestly didn't. If there was a better way to prove it to you I'd do it in a second. I like to believe the racing community is a close one and a trustworthy one. However, after dealing with you and now seeing this is somewhat of a pattern for you, I will be more careful in the future even when dealing with fellow racers.