1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Might need a lil help at Tally

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Haha. Not the first time I have heard that. :D

2. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Dude, just set up your pit on the hot pit

cajun636 and Yzasserina like this.
  3. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

or get a Valet

4. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

There you go again. Being all logical and shit

5. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

You mean you don't have your own Uccio? And here I thought you were a baller!

6. Good idea. ill just setup on hot pit and leave a lane under the canopy for people making penalty drive throughs. :D

7. josh7owens

josh7owens E-Kart Champ

how many sets of tires do you go through in a weekend?

8. Well The Grom doesn't need tire changes, so Grim kinda doesn't count.

Other than that, it depends on the track, conditions. setup, weather, etc etc. And to be honest, I have never really paid attention to it. We just change them as needed. But if I had to guess, probably something like 4 fronts and 6 rears (between the R6 and Panigale).

At less abrasive tracks, I could probably get away with 2 fronts and 4 rears.

Like I said, it just depends. And that is based on my experience racing the R6 and RSV4. This will be my first time riding the 1299S so I have no idea how tire life will be on it, especially since we wont get any setup time before racing.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Bankruptcy judges hear that a lot from former NBA players.

10. :D

I mean, I am sensible about it. I don't put on a new rear for every race. I can feel if/when it starts going off and will manage it accordingly. I don't just slap on a new rear every Sprint just because. I don't waste them, but I am also not the guy that you will see riding around on cords. If I feel like my pace is going to suffer due to a lack of drive grip, I will change the tire. Lots of things affect pace, but that is something I can control and easily fix.

I just meant that I don't go into the weekend with a plan like "I can only use 3 rear tires this weekend". If I can get away with 2-3, that is awesome. If I go through 5-6, it is what it is.

11. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Can I have the take offs from the r6? Haha

12. Sure can. Just come by my pit and if I have any I will give them to you. I usually give Dustin some also when he needs them. If it helps somebody get on the track I don't mind.

13. noles19

Well hell thanks!

Gorilla George likes this.
  14. Just keep in mind they are Slicks. I run the same tires on the Panigale and the R6. If that is ok, you can have them.

15. noles19

slicks are good with me, i could only use the fronts right now anyway so dustin can have the rears haha

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

There's a guy at the factory who owes his job to Broome.
    And he's on call.

Gorilla George likes this.
  17. Nah, too easy. :D

noles19 likes this.
  18. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Any time I get a chance at Broome's rear I take it!! :D

I love the rears lol

19. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

I am jealous I miss little tally, but atleast living in Texas I have all the good weather now. No rain but always windy. Good luck to y'all