1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning Eyes - really sensitive to light?

Discussion in 'General' started by Hawk518, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I believe my yes are Hazel. Light brown sometime, greenish most of the time and bluish on occasions.

2. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Blue eyes tend to be more light sensitive. Even when raining, there are times I have to wear sunglasses.

I would even suggest maybe you have inadvertently scratched your eye which can give the same effect.

3. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Well, no doctor visit yet.

My vision is nearly back to normal. I would say 98%. The sensitivity to light is nearly gone. I am back to typing here (as proof).

The drive to the event went better than expected. Which speaks to the cyclical nature of what I was experiencing even on the noted three year event.

The sensitivity added to challenge on the run on Saturday but nothing like what I experienced on the drive back. After the half-marathon, I returned to the Hotel and locked myself in the room until 1100hrs on Saturday. Basically, with the blinds closed and the TV on for light but not looking at it. The vision remained okay enough for me to watch the MotoGP race, uneventful.

But after I finished watching the race and open the blinds to begin packing, it became apparent that my plans for the day needed to be scrap. No Mural Sightseeing. I needed to make it back home.

So, I go on the road, doing the best to see what was ahead of me. I put full trust on the vehicles adaptive cruise control and the gray-hair lady driving about 5 to 10 miles under the speed limit.

From Monday to today, it has been good. However, I have remain cautious. I attended to my business duties which are generally computer driven report based, analysis and report writing with little hiccups.

Now, that things have settle down - last report out this morning, I will look into research and contacting a doctor. I found the key to the cave door.:D

I will touch on the race event itself in the other thread.

4. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Perhaps, I may have been a bit rough taking the contacts out.

I am putting this event on the calendar. I know it happened last year, and it is killing me that I am not remembering the period of occurrence. Generally, I am pretty good with recalling facts.

5. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Didn't read all this. If you are not experiencing any discomfort other than light sensitivity, unlikely you scratched your eye. That includes eyes tearing up, blink blink blink on up to having your father drive you to the emergency room while you're under a sleeping bag because you can't tolerate any light and begging the almighty to please remove the icepick from your eye or shove it all the way through and be done with it...

6. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

:D

I miss family and friend.

I guess, if I ever needed a driver, I can call D'ern. :D

7. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

You could have scratched it, or, if your eyes were particularly dry, at times the lens can stick to your eye. When you go to remove it, you can tear the tissue and it will also produce they same exact symptoms of a scratch.

From what it sounds like, you sustained some type of tear in the tissue and it has healed itself up.

8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Your mother warned you that you could go blind so stop beating the bratwurst.

9. ped

ped Banned

zika virus

it targets "latinos"

10. Sure you didn't just see Mongo nude or something? I'm assuming that would do some permanent damage.

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Anyone who actually drives somewhere to run in any event containing the word "marathon" (in Minnesota. in February) should be advised that one's eyes are merely acting in the best interest of the rest of one's body. :D

13. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

cold compresses not hot ones on your eyes when they are itchy. heat makes them worse. dust and pollen trigger my allergies. see the doctor. bill and darethea

14. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

Sound to me like you have a scratched cornea. The dock will prescribe 2 things. 1, an antibiotic called oflaxin. 2, a steroid called tobradex. They will tell you to use the antibiotic liberally until its gone. The steroid will be used 5x day for a few days, then tapering off the following days. Depending upon how deep the scratch is, will determine how long it takes to heal. Typically 3-4 days and you will be back to normal, but will need to run the treatment for 5-6. You will need to stay away from contacts during this time. As others suggested go see your doc (regular eye dock will do) and get started on the treatment asap. It will heal on its own, but having the aid of the steroids will make it faster.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

If it's a scratch I would guess it's healed in the four months since he posted about it...

418 likes this.
  16. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

LOL I didn't pay attention to that

17. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I am cautious to report - that it has been a while since I had any issues.
    I am back up in the MN/WI, so let's see how the next couple of months go.

The Dung Beetle likes this.