1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maytag fridge question

Discussion in 'General' started by 50Joe, Feb 5, 2016.

1. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Fridge is only 5 years old. Freezer portion works normal. Fridge portion seems to not be cooling like normal. I can hear the motor running. No ice build up anywhere. No water leaks. No condensation in the fridge. Ideas?

2. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Is the diverter valve / flap moving to allow air from the freezer section up into the fridge?

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Cold air intake fridge not set????

4. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Don't know about your particular model, but, often there's a damper control assembly that cools the fridge from the freezer. Might be faulty.

5. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Check that the evap fan is running.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

7. FZ1guy

FZ1guy Hey...watch this

Turn it off overnight. It will be fine in the morning.
    Worked for me.

8. crusty9r

crusty9r Human Lawn Dart

If the evap coil is frozen up, you probably need a adcb defrost board. You can thaw it with a blow dryer and buy you some time til the part shows up. I use appliance guru for troubleshooting help.

9. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I decided to call a repairman since I'm in the chair. He knew exactly what it was in about 1 minute. It's the main controller for the fridge. Expensive part at $295. He's only charging me $455 total including service charge and tax.

10. charles

charles The Transporter

You don't need no stinkin' repairman! You failed to check the powervalve seals and settings!

50Joe likes this.
  11. joec

joec brace yourself

Aint got no gas in it, uh huh.

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

gawdam magic smoke!

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Replace main controller?
    I could have come up with that.

14. charles

charles The Transporter

Do you have experience in refrig/freezer repair and sundries? If so, what diagnostic tests do we need to perform to indicate the status of the main controller?

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

None.