1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Class help for new racer...

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by swampape, Feb 4, 2016.

1. swampape

swampape Well-Known Member

Starting with WERA this year. Been doing a lot of mini racing so naturally I'm starting with the mini class. Got an RS125R Honda with an 85cc engine in it. Obviously I'll run minis with that.

If I take the school is there any other "big" class I can run in with that bike? Assuming I'd get smoked by the 125's but maybe I could bump up and run with those guys?

2. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

There was a 125 Metrakit that ran in Clubman in North Central (the kid did a good job on the bike) but I am not sure how that would compare to an 85 cc bike. For the real small bikes I think there would be a concern about speed differential so it might be on a case by case basis. Hopefully Sean will chime in on this.

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Jigalov? If so,thats a really awesome kid. The most polite and respectable kid ive met just about anywhere!! He could really move on that little bike,and im not giving the "yeah but he only weighs 50 lbs." excuse.

4. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Yes, it was Jigalov. He is a good kid, and not afraid to mix it up with anyone. I had some back and forth with him - until we would get to a straight.

5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Yeah,no fear in that little guy!! I had a good time running at Summit with him. I was really stumped and a little freaked when I first saw him on the track with us,seeing as hes my youngest daughters age.But very quickly realised he held his own and damned good too. He clobbered me on my EX but I got him back with the FZR......dang bullies:D

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Basically run the 85 class in minis first and then talk to me about running up in F3 or Clubman. If the bike and you are fast enough it'll be fine but we'll have to see the combo on track to be sure first.

7. swampape

swampape Well-Known Member

Cool that's what I figured. Thanks Mongo. I know the previous owner and his son ran clubman on the bike (along with mini), but I'll wait and see what lap times look like first and let you all pass judgement.