1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Twin Shocks??

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by RD350, Feb 4, 2016.

1. RD350

RD350 Member

Gents,
    I am building an SRX600 for street, track-days and perhaps an occasional SOS race. I have been out of the vintage race scene for a while.
    Wondering what is considered the absolute best pair of piggy-back style twin shocks on the market today? By best I mean performance, adjustability, weight, quality, etc. I dont mind paying $$$ if its worth it. I am somewhat of a suspension snob and these shocks are going on a special project.
    When I was vintage racing everyone ran Works Shocks. I know Ohlins makes good shocks .. just not sure how up-to-date their twin shocks are.
    Is there something better I should be considering? HyperPro, YSS, Gazi ???
    Looking for experience and opinions here. Perhaps the Vintage Superbike guys can chime in?
    Thanks

2. I have some Ractechs. Very nice, very adjustable, very expensive. Custom made for you weight, style and whatever length you want to get your geometry sorted.

3. guzziguy

guzziguy Well-Known Member

I have Gazi on my guzzi, the adjustability seems to work fine, I think I have more issues with unsprung weight so it is difficult to know for sure but so far so good.