1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For those looking to cross MotoAmerica off their bucketlist...

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Love all the other expenses that no one considers part of doing the event :D

gixxercurt likes this.
  2. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

The good news is though that it pretty much all the rules/purchases overlaps with WERA stuff where if you setup for MotoAmerica, you're good to go in WERA, thanks to WERA! Except for the lack of safety-wiring the front-end :( That was a great time saver with MA, but I understand why you want people to do it.

3. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

perfect. thanks

4. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

So what about an 07 r6? Or an 08 with an 07 motor?

5. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

Aside from the crew shirts, a badge or 2, and the scooter pass, I didn't really have to spend a lot more. Much like anything else... you can go nuts, or stay reasonable.

No doubt it's more $$$, but not as much as most folks would think from watching it on the interwebs.

6. gilly442

gilly442 Well-Known Member

Entry is what? $250, that includes all your practice, qualifying and 2 16-18 lap races? if your run 3 classes on a dh regional weekend its $495 (with gate fee) plus the $150 for practice on fridays when thats offered, tires are cheaper and you can normally get $150 back off a set when you sell them after the weekend.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed. It's just funny to see the talk about new ezups, carts, shirts, and all the other stuff :D

dickie doo likes this.
  8. vasser67

vasser67 Well-Known Member

I have been checking out the rules and regs for the superstock class in MA but don't see anything about the 08 R6 being too old, now I thought I did read it somewhere in a tech bulletin but can't find it, and I don't see anything about the tank foam, anyone have a link for the latest and greatest rules....

9. mzarra

mzarra Well-Known Member

Tank foam is in the 600 Superstock rules. Section 2.7.10.9.b

10. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

You know the 09 is the same as the 08 except for the ECU. They changed the stacks in 2010.

11. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Guess I will email MA to get a solid answer regarding the 08s. I do understand wanting to promote newer bikes, but for fucks sake, it's not like even a top level mechanic can tell what exact year your 08+ R6 is by just looking at it and not taking the tank off.

12. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

They should just make an R6 Cup class. The grids will looks similar to last year.

13. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

It's not about promoting newer bikes, it's about keeping the bikes equal. 2010 and newer R6s are basically the same. 08-09 R6s have a slight top end advantage. I don't know of any other class where racers want to run 7 year old bikes, but it is a sign of how good that bike still is.

Gorilla George likes this.
  14. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

I don't know the R6s well enough to know what that advantage is, but it can't be much. The 13+ ZX-6Rs have a displacement advantage over every other bike; that's got to be a bigger performance disparity versus the R6 comparison.

Great point about how good the bike is. At least 16 out of 20 bikes on our grids out here are R6s... 4 out of 5 if you prefer to reduce your fractions.

15. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Damn it. Thanks Rick. I'll change it over
    To my other one with the 2012 Airbox and stacks. Luckily I have a couple to
    Choose. I have two 2009 air boxes now and one 2012.
    Anything else change worth nothing?

16. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Nothing that will matter.

17. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I'm only wondering engine wise. I have a stock 2006, SS build 2007, a 2009 and a 2012 motor. Just figuring out which ones to keep.

18. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

And a sign of lack of investment by manufacturers in the 600 class since 2007.

cajun636 and Gorilla George like this.
  19. Ryan Nelson

Ryan Nelson Well-Known Member

Yes - please please do this.

20. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

I'm not that fast, but we can look less Clampitty. :)