1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some grips

Discussion in 'General' started by Rob P, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

got a mismatched, worn out set. What grips do you guys like and why?

2. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

I like the Renthal Road Series grips. They are not bulky, I can feel the bars a lot better than some of the other brands that have more cushioning. I hear the Vortex ones are nice and are very similar to the Renthal Road Series.

3. fzrkidd

fzrkidd Well-Known Member

I use the Renthal as well, medium compound. They have three to choose from. Never had to replace them due to wear ... But I crash a lot too.

4. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

Renthal medium

5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

What the 2 above say!

6. whitarnold

whitarnold Bike #137

7. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Love the rentals and also Motion Pro are similar and are nice as well.

8. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

If you're after a softer grip that lasts a while, Renthal's dual-compound Kevlar grips do the trick. They're a smidge thicker than most OEM grips, so if that bothers you, look elsewhere.

9. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

I like the Renthal Dual Compounds. I was running the DC Kevlars but switched it up. The regular old Renthal med and firms don't quite feel as good in my hand as the DC grips

10. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I used the Renthal Mediums for many years. They are a benchmark. The new Driven grips are really nice as well.

11. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

I did a forum search on this topic about 4 weeks ago and someone mentioned Spider Grips so I thought I'd give them a try and picked up a set of their SLR models. I haven't been on the track with them yet but think they are pretty nice. Had the Renthal superbike grips and the Pro Grip 719's previously
    http://spidergrips.com/spiderg/models/

12. ew422

ew422 Well-Known Member

I grew up on dirt bikes and rode on the street less than 10x in my life. My roadrace grips for years were good ol' vintage Oury MX. Just cuz. Added benefit of annoying people... :p
    [​IMG]

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I have Renthal dual-compound on my 600 racebike. I guess they are OK. On my 1000 I have Domino grips that come standard on an older model KTM Duke. They are thicker and feel more comfortable. Apparently they are called the "Parco"

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/domino-parco-grips

14. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

Roadbike...renthal soft. Dirtbike...motion pro (whatever comes with the rev2 kit), who knew... I would normally throw the motion pro grips (dirt or road style) right in the trash. I'm diggin' the dirt grips, now. That's my preference, everyone is different. I'm kinda snobby when it comes to grips.

15. Matt399

Matt399 Well-Known Member

I love the Motion Pros. Cheap, not too thick, no sales gimmicks on design or compound, soft enough to provide good grip, not so soft that they don't hold up... They just work. Mainly, I like them because I put them on & raced with them & they never once crossed my mind, which is what grips should do.

16. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

Renthal 29mm Kevlar. We've used them the last 4 years with no complaints.

17. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Spider Grips are what we use. Really like the feel they provide.

18. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Anything besides Galindos. Absolute junk!

19. Rental Dual, I have big hands and like them being a tad bigger. Dirtbike Renthal dual soft.