Parts washer/tubler/polisher

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

So I have acquired a largish vintage-ish parts washer/tumbler/polisher.

Im not really sure what I need as far as the media... Its definitely using a solvent of some sort as it has a drain and an aux hose and wash/rinse station.

It has a large basket of little hershey kiss looking things that I guess bounce around and shine the stuff up.

What am I needing for the actual solvent? I have safety Kleen stuff but its disolving.

Also, I need smaller polishing things. The ones now arent getting into the smaller spaces I would like.

The machine works GREAT, but needs some fine tuning. Any Idea where I can look? Im not sure what to even plug into google to search...

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

God I love Grainger! But there ain't a thing they sell that can't be found somewhere else for 6x cheaper. Bastards are proud of their shit!

4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Its an AES 300 mini cleaner/tumbler/deburer if that makes a difference

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

6. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I hate Grainger now. They have a few things I'll go to them for, but not much. McMaster is my go to.

Britt likes this.
  7. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

We buy our products from Advanced Finishing Technologies.

What are you planning to use it for? I could tell you the media and solution we use if it's similar use.

8. RoadRash49

RoadRash49 Well-Known Member

A company in my industrial park had a few tumblers of that type. Depending on the finish he would use either something granular like Black Beauty, or small triangular polishing stones. I think he got most of his stuff from McMaster-Carr. His parts were stainless, so he added water and a few handfuls of turtlewax, he mentioned the turtlewax was the most important part for a good finish. Requires a bit of experimentation.

9. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.