1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for vintage 2 stroke race bike

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mike Grady, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Mike Grady

Mike Grady Member

I am open to anything but an RD based bike is of particular interest. I am more inclined to purchase something you can still get engine and brake parts for. [email protected]

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Whats your location? I know of 2 RD's that were for sale close to me,and I have 1 myself that im finishing up at the moment that I might let go(maybe)

3. Mike Grady

Mike Grady Member

I'm in Charleston, WV.

4. Mike Grady

Mike Grady Member

I see you are in MD. I travel to the eastern panhandle (Martinsburg, WV) about once a month.

5. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Get an RZ350. Tons of aftermarket go fast parts.

6. Mike Grady

Mike Grady Member

Makes sense......where do I find one and what should I be looking for in terms of setup? Would going to an event be a more realistic with regards to finding something worth purchasing?
    Thanks

7. britx303

Theres an RZ in Northern Virginia,not too far off the beaten from the panhandle area.Its on No-Va C-list...sorry i dont know to add links:confused:

8. Mike Grady

Mike Grady Member

I found it. I'm really looking for a race bike, not a stock road legal motorcycle. Hopefully something someone has enjoyed but they are done. Something like 50Joe sold on here for a friend a while back. It doesn't have to be a stock frame. The engine should be modified for road racing.....ignition, porting, pipes, squish and compression for race gas. Spares like any racer would have would be great.
    Thanks

9. britx303

Ahh gotcha.

10. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Start a new thread titled "Looking for race ready RZ350" They are out there sitting in some peoples garages. You may just have to search and wait. Post on the CCS forum too. Also on RzRD500 website and 2 stroke world.

11. Yamaha179

Yamaha179 Well-Known Member

12. Yamaha179

Yamaha179 Well-Known Member

Mike:
    I am about 90% finished restoring a 1980 TZ. Need to finish the front wheel, fit the fairing, and do a bit more. It could be the basis for a very competitive race bike. Mark Morrow rode it in some WERA events four or five years ago. You can email me if you are interested. [email protected].
    Lyn Garland