1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Totally agree. It doesn't make any sense but o well!

2. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I've got two 10mm guns.

S&W 1006
    S&W 610 Revolver (also shoots .40cal)
    The revolver is dead nuts accurate with both 10mm and .40cal. The 1006, in my hands, leaves something to be desired, but I need some more time with it at shorter distances, and then push out do 25yds/50yds.

The other 10mm options I know of are:
    EAA - Witness
    CZ
    Rock Island, Colt Delta Elite, Kimber and a bunch of other 1911s in 10mm
    Glock 20 (Normal and Slim Frame)
    Sig 10mm variants

Or you could go nuts and get this: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=531192309#PIC
    Pistol MP-5 in 10mm.

Personally, if I had to pick one, it'd be the 610 revolver. (Generic photo below)
    [​IMG]

3. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

4. Jed

Jed mellifluous

The 1911 clones are out I think. Left handed shooter makes those a PITA. Love the Cold Delta Elite though. Need to find a CZ and EAA dealer to try them out.

5. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

They are functionally the same, so I don't get this at all. The constant vitriolic arguing between both camps is getting old. Both have pros and cons. For me, SBRs are still kind of a weird gray area in my state, so pistol it is for now.

6. Zephyr

Zephyr Tank Killer

Anyone have experience with a .40 super? Just watched a video with a chrono test. 1700+ fps with 135gr bullet out of a Glock 30. 1500+ fps with 165gr. Apparently there are special 1911's that accept this round also.

I'm often intrigued by the not-so-popular hot rounds such as that and the .357 sig.

7. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

That's what ambi thumb safeties are for........us lefties!......well, and the guys that shoot competition and have to shoot weak hand.

8. Tiller15

Tiller15 TEAM GIXXER

Anyone know a hookup for a reasonable complete AR upper receiver? Have a complete PSA lower in the next couple days so looking for something to make to it. Hoping to keep it $500 or under for a complete upper. I know that doesn't get you LWRC quality, but that's plenty a budget for a quality piece of equipment. Recommendations? Or someone have one they want to get rid of?

9. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

Why not a PSA upper?

10. Tiller15

Tiller15 TEAM GIXXER

Very good point and probably what I'll end up with. Quality for $$, they seem to be the best. I guess I'm only not thinking about them for an upper right now because they don't have a dang thing in stock!!! I'm sure it's the holidays... Maybe I should wait til they bike inventory back up and just go full PSA...

11. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

http://aeroprecisionusa.com/upper-receivers/complete-uppers.html

12. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

There are tons of uppers out there under $500. Radical, Aero, PSA, Primary Arms, Hardened Arms to name a few...

13. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

One of my AR's has a PSA upper on it. Very little difference in quality than the upper I built using a Bison Armory 6.8 barrel. They just don't have many frills, but the thing goes bang every time. I'd buy again, but for me now I'd just rather build em myself.

14. Jedb

15. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I have two of their matched upper/lowers...they are definitely high quality. I would argue that they are the best bang for your buck out there.

16. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

Anyone have experience with LERC products? Looking at the REPR or their IC.

17. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

LWRC? ;) top tier stuff. hard to go wrong with them, main thing I like about them is most of them are fully ambidextrous.

just some others to consider in that range- Lewis Machine and Tool (LMT), Primary Weapons Systems (PWS), Daniel Defense, etc. I just picked up a PWS MK216, should be getting some optics for it shortly (waiting to see what's coming out at SHOT) and can't wait to stretch the legs out on it. Long stroke piston system similar to an AK operating system but in an AR platform (the MK2 series is 308, the MK1 is 556).

JTW likes this.
  18. Jedb

If you are looking for a Piston driven AR platform, you can also look at HK and Adams Arms. Adams makes piston kits that allow you to retrofit your direct impingement AR.
    LWRC is a very solid platform, as mentioned above.

JTW likes this.
  19. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

Yes, LWRC...damn fat fingers and tequila :D

Thanks for the info.

20. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

Just a heads up for atlanta folks as adventure outdoors is running a special on the h&k vp40 for $499