1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you can't paralell park or back up a trailer....

Discussion in 'General' started by Repo Man, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Do you have trouble seeing the mirrors??? :D

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

He needs a new booster seat.

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The new phone books are coming out now.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

No issues in a Hick-em-up truck, well except for that time I drove Buck's and didn't want to move his seat.

Sports cars, well those are a problem.

5. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

I've had the wiper sensors in my last two cars and don't care for it, not at all, it's off in mine but the wife loves it in hers.
    I've also driven rentals that had it (the Taurus Limited usually has it) same feelings. I've never had issues adjusting my wipers speed or not having them on when needed. I like to run my own show behind the controls.
    I'm even more ocd with the lights. I start the engine, put my lights on (head lights and fog lights), seat belt on etc. Drove me nuts when I was switching behind the wheel with a friend in his vehicle and he had his on auto, couldn't do it. Also ocd about the parking brake, also use it, can't help it.

What I do like is the memory seats and controls (not new and I had it my Grand Cherokee almost 10 years ago). Really like getting in my wife's car and not having to adjust anything other than the inside mirror, just press the #2 button and the seat, mirrors and steering wheel get in place for me in a second. Same when she drives mine, all ready in the presets with a single button push.

6. nikponcherello

nikponcherello EX #688

You don't have to use the trailer assist. And there's no real hardware involved besides the switch, so it's not really costing you anything to have. It's a just torque-overlay command on the input signal to the EPAS unit and some creative software.

7. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I've been pulling/backing construction/equipment trailers for 27 yrs....got my CDL's recently.
    What you need backed up Doyle, i'm in your hood. lol