1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Stout Thread:

Discussion in 'General' started by Repo Man, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

I forgot about that one, I've had it a few years back and remember it was excellent....!

2. Repo Man

So.... you drink Coors Light I see..... :p

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Versus a $15 a bottle gheyed up stout? Call me Cledus Snow 'cause I'm driving that mother truckin' Kenworth load of Coors right up your hipster beer drinking ass. . . unlubed! :D

4. ped

ped Banned

yeah real men drink 3.5 abv beer water cause it's 33% cheaper

plus it doesnt taste too much like beer, ewww

5. SloMo510

SloMo510 Still Slow

I'd usually rather drink 1 bottle of 14% abv goose island than a 12 pack of light beer, but that's just me.

6. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

7. Lanceabillion

Lanceabillion Registered Abuser

If you live near, or race at Road America, Plymouth Brewing Company has hands down the best Stout ever (queue Vincent Vega saying "That's a bold statement"), "Stafford Stout".

8. JBarx

JBarx Status: None.

I've had almost all the stouts and porters in this thread, lots of good selections. I definitely need to get ahold of the GI Bourbon County though. I used to be a stout fiend but I backed off the high-cal beers once I got my fitness shit together. I did pick up a 6-pack of Left Hand's Fade To Black Vol. 1 recently by chance (at Kroger of all places) and it was surprisingly good. But that didn't shock me, LH beers are usually solid.

Obviously KBS is a standard-bearer.
    If you get a chance to try DFH Worldwide Stout, you need to. If for nothing more than to say you did.
    Someone mentioned AleSmith's Speedway Stout. Very good.
    For a good value-pick, The Poet (New Holland) is outstanding for the money.
    If you can find Peche Mortel, you owe it to yourself to try it. Best coffee stout ever made.
    Great Lakes Blackout Stout is another good value pick.
    Old Rasputin is a good value pick.
    Great Divide's Yeti is also outstanding.
    Lastly, I'd recommend Anderson Valley's Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout.

That's my best shot at a well rounded list of value choices and exotics. Drink up.

9. Repo Man

Got me a sixxer of this last weekend, most excellent... Really dark, really good stuff. Screw you Dave K.

Out of Columbus, Ohiya.

[​IMG]

10. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Had this last night. Put me under by 2130.

Attached Files: