1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another inconvenient truth

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Dec 8, 2015.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Sgt Shultz missed that part of the article. One day a straw might land and bust him but I think tzrider-camel has a pretty strong back on hauling the climate conspiracy. Oh wait or is it Big Climate LOL

2. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Where?...

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

At a certain point in a man's life, little head no longer does the thinking.
    Don't worry, you'll get there eventually.

4. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Did you see any celebratory comment in that article?
    It appeared to me that some were struggling with what they data set showed. And, only wanted to speak to conditions other than what the trend is.

"...making the current slowdown a transitory “blip”, the scientists said."
    “It will be a real possibility that we will see Indian growth picking up and so allowing emissions globally to grow rapidly. India now is where China was in the 1990s. This is why Paris is so critical,” she said.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

When? I'm still not there.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Somewhere around 350 pounds would be my guess. :D

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm not there yet either.

8. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I'm not strongly on either side of this issue...all my thinking has led me to be rather skeptical but not being expert I'm leaving the door open. Having said that, China and now India are going big for nuclear while we in the US are slowly shuttering our plants...all while the Liberals are turning a blind eye to the zero carbon aspects of nuclear power. The biggest gains by the US in recent years has mostly been due to the rapid ramp up of gas fired power plants. These are way better than coal but hardly carbon free. What happens when gas prices go back up or there is little coal left to replace with gas? The US curve will turn positive again, then what? And please...don't say wind and solar....

9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Not an issue as the millions killed by the peaceful muslims in WW3 will stop their admittance of 'carbon'

Oh and just to be clear (you might get this) it is NOT Carbon it is Carbon Dioxide. I cannot figure if the adoption of the term Carbon is laziness, ignorance of the chicken little crowd or an attempt to hide the fact that living things breathe out Carbon Dioxide (among other sources) and it is required for all plant growth that I can think of (in the back of my mind I seem to recall exceptions). The hater in me says #3 :D

10. In Your Corner

Don't pick on Mongo.
    Actually, when I was 360, I was getting laid regularly, and it was still a priority.
    I am currently less than 300. I can wear my 42" waist pants.

11. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

What is irritating to me is that after all the cheating facts came out on the warming issue it has pretty well been dropped from the world wide conversation. Why in the heck do those facts not get any air time anymore? It needs to be put into the face of the general public more often. I would have thought that at least Fox would be interviewing those denier scientists on a regular schedule but nooooo.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, gotta be higher than that, no change in percentage of which head thinks up to 370 (not there now but I was) :D

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I have no words…

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm fat - and big boned :D

15. In Your Corner

I'm husky.

16. gothicbeast

gothicbeast Back by court order

Please cite...

17. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

See Post No. 24 -

18. gothicbeast

gothicbeast Back by court order

... Please cite where they don't accept the data, or question the data's accuracy, as this was what you indicated that "It spoke to some extent about the inability to accept the current data."

19. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I provide the best I could.
    If you were able to find a celebratory tone, you are better than me.

Enlighten me to where the article embraced the data showing a slow down, as a positive thing?