1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hayden to WSBK on Honda

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Biggboi

Biggboi wera novice #446

I think hayden will do very well in wsbk !

2. brex

brex Well-Known Member

So just a couple times on the bike and Hayden is faster than Rea could ever muster at Jerez on the Honda? But I thought he was washed up and would totally suck because Rea couldn't win on the Honda.

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I don't think anyone ever called Hayden washed up, just that it was time for him to move on from MotoGP as there was little left to accomplish there. There's certainly hard facts that come into play when you are racing the most technologically advanced 2-wheeled machines on the planet. Two of those were...

1 - Hayden was no longer being offered top tier rides anymore
    2 - the rides he was being offered were on machinery that would only have him circulating midpack.

It's not the movies where you can will yourself to go faster than the 4 Aliens on the 4 fastest bikes on the grid.

4. Like Kaz said, I don't remember people saying he was washed up. Everyone is/was just tired of seeing him finishing 15th-20th while working his ass off on subpar equipment. We want to see him running up front, and he was never going to do that again in MotoGP.

Bike riding/racing skills don't deteriorate with age like skills in ball sports. You don't need a 40" vertical or need to run a 4.4sec 40yrd dash to win at motorcycle racing. As long as someone is healthy and in good shape, Championships can be won, even on the World level, well into the 40's. That is why I find it so damn silly when people talking about how a 32-36yr old rider needs to "step aside" so someone "younger and hungrier" can have the seat. WTF does that even mean? Age has nothing to do with "hunger" or determination or will to win. And everyone looks the same once the suit and helmets go on. A podium finish by a 20 year old doesn't look any different or better than a podium finish by a 40 year old.

5. Biggboi

Biggboi wera novice #446

To add to that the honda superbike that hayden is riding is a far better bike than when rea had it !

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Not even Morris, the rebel speaker of truths everyone else is afraid of? :D

7. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to be contrary simply for the sake of arguing, but what has actually changed on the Honda? Have they acknowledged anything specific, or just spoken in code about "upgrades" to the engine, electronics, etc.?

You may be completely correct - I just have not read anything about the Honda being updated in any significant way. Were they on different compound tires during the latest test???

8. Yea, I haven't seen any Evidence that the Honda is much better than it was when Rea rode it, especially when compared against the current state of the other bikes, which is how you have to compare it if you're considering Nicky's chances. Rea wasn't typically more than 0.8 seconds off the pace when he was on the Honda. Hopefully the forthcoming engine upgrade helps close the gap.

9. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I think if Nicky would have made this switch last year, his overall chances would have been much better. Now with the Duck getting sorted out and the new Kwak, he's got a whole lot more working against him.

10. Don't forget about the Yamaha's.

11. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Good point. He has quite the battle ahead of him.

12. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The paint job is totally different.

jt21 likes this.
  13. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Let's make that singular. I think one of them will spend more time on its side than on its wheels this year.

14. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Maybe Honda will create a hybrid between the too aggressive RCV and too lazy CBR.

15. Chip

Chip Registered

The bike will be competitive if HRC and Dorna want the bike to be competitive....

16. This is what I'm hoping for. That HRC cares enough about wsbk.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

As of last year HRC didn't have anything to do with building the WSB machines, the team did so and sourced all parts.

18. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

YOU and WE are so WRONG buddy. I respect the be jesus out of him, some of you just miss understand what it is I am saying

19. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Apparently New Zealanders have a different way of showing respect than Americans are used to...

20. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

O dear, sorry for the mistake