1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2016 AMA vintage weekend

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by craig641, Oct 8, 2015.

1. craig641

craig641 Well-Known Member

Mongo - I know it's very early and wera won't have schedules out for a while. However, AHRMA announced their 2016 schedule and are planning their New Jersey event on the same July weekend as this year's AMA vintage weekend.

Do you have any input into getting this event moved to a different weekend so they no longer overlap?

Thanks, Craig

2. BigAl8295

BigAl8295 Member

It would be great if people could go to both events.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I will get in touch with the AMA and see. I know there is a lot of logistics because of the rest of the event and the swap meet.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And email sent.

5. craig641

Thanks.

Now how about doing something so we get three Summit rounds next year:)

compmoto likes this.
  6. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Thanks Sean!

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Working on it but have to figure out a way to make Summit profitable without losing even more money by racing at NJMP :D

8. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

WERA is going to NJMP???

Thanks,those 2 events needed to be separated 3 years ago, so both parties can profit..

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope. The MA region for us is down because CCS is at NJMP along with some bad calls we made a couple of years ago on dates and such. We can't get the same deal at NJMP as they have so it would cost us more than we could ever make at great events at Summit. So we have to figure out something else.

Agree on the vintage end of things for sure. I'll keep doing what little I can.

10. diamondj

diamondj Well-Known Member

Any chance of partnering with USCRA for their vintage weekend in September at NJMP?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No idea to be honest. Partnering is tough if our class rules are different.

12. craig641

I'd be willing to bet if WERA used it as a vintage only event similar to the way WERA gives points for the Mid Ohio vintage event it could work for the benefit of both organizations. The mid Ohio classes could be used and made to work. But I'm not in the position to make that call for either organization, though I would do whatever I could to make it happen.

13. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

the 3 days are already split 50/50 w/ the cars. total for the 3 days is 40k . saturday's racing is tight. ie: 8 races instead of 13 (normal at nh). and 6 lap races (10 races @8 laps sunday).

14. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

April always seemed to be a good Vintage turnout at Summit. Maybe because NE riders are trying to get an early round in after a long winter. If April is even possible anymore. Lately the May date has been too close to Grattan date to do both.

15. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

No SP in 2016, maybe try an April round if there is a SP round in 2017.

16. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

This is already a joint event with the VRG. As the guy who had control of the schedule when the event was held at NHMS, I was aware that it was pretty hairball coordinating two organizations through an event. Bringing in a third party would probably make it almost impossible. At NHMS the VRG had their schedule and the USCRA had their schedule. Since it was an NHMS run event, I also had a schedule provided to me by NHMS and I was given authority over the two Race Directors. Any discrepancies (and I always had a few) among these three schedules were always overridden by the one provided by NHMS. NJMP was a little more complicated as it had no central authority.

BTW, the event is held on the Lightning course.

17. joec

joec brace yourself

Wera needs a one off vintage event some how..early..april was always great..the grids.at vir were always good in march. Everyone always wanted out of the snow

A north vs south..and run an open class/f1 sorta thing. Run what ya brung. But its gotta fit into a vintage class somehow..maybe with a nudge and a wink..

And don't forget the side cars.

A few years ago we had the north south.line drawn in the paddock at vir. Good times.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I would absolutely love it but they've never made money other than the pre AHRMA at Daytona event - now that they do their own version of that it won't work.

19. fireman343

fireman343 Well-Known Member

So, when is the Mid Ohio VMD event for 2016?

20. fireman343

fireman343 Well-Known Member

Nevermind.. Just got this email with the dates
    [​IMG]