1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hayden to WSBK on Aprilia RSV4

Discussion in 'General' started by G 97, Oct 2, 2015.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

And I don't care. That leaves Mongo…

2. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I'm sure Honda checks this thread every day.

3. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Honda has an automatic script that downloads the posts, along with username, postcount, racing experience, number of comebacks, and whether their girlfriend is really a supermodel or not. They have software that calculates the reliabilty of the post along with a BS factor.

David

4. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

Until Honda brings in a new/competitive bike, Nicky wont be running up front. 'Cuz if Rea couldn't do it and van der Mark couldn't do it, Nicky won't be any different.

Honda simply has to bring something different.

rk97 and throwdown like this.
  5. throwdown

throwdown Well-Known Member

As much as I wanna see him at the sharp end, you are correct, any and every rider is neutered by that prehistoric turd.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hawgwash! On a tight track Nicky and that Honder pig is gonna be a weapon. <cough> Laguna Seca <cough>

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
    mike574 likes this.
  7. Yep. I can definitely see him winning at Laguna next year, and it's been so long I think he might also cry again. :D

Go Nicky!!!

8. Today's times:

1- Tom SYKES / Kawasaki ZX-10R / 1’40.316 / 90 laps / Best Lap: 76
    2- Jonathan REA / Kawasaki ZX-10R / 1’40.326 / 77 laps / Best Lap: 75
    3- Chaz DAVIES / Ducati Panigale R / 1’40.867 / 61 laps / Best Lap: 29
    4- Nicky HAYDEN / Honda CBR1000RR SP / 1’41.004 / 85 laps / Best Lap: 37
    5- Xavi FORES / Ducati Panigale R / 1’41.040 / 46 laps / Best Lap: 32
    6- Davide GIUGLIANO / Ducati Panigale R / 1’41.047 / 51 laps / Best Lap: 45
    7- Leon CAMIER / MV Agusta F4 RR / 1’41.766 / 63 laps / Best Lap: 32 - See more at: http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/2015/Sykes+hits+the+front+on+dramatic+Day+4#sthash.v4nHYptH.dpuf

9. ped

ped Banned

he can at least fight for a podium though. Really should be on the Yamaha.....

10. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

4th day on the bike. I'm pumped to see him that close to the front. He will only improve as he gels with the team and bike, and they figure out the little things that make up 10ths.

11. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Over an entire season Nicky may surprise a lot of people, he is a very consistent rider and the Honda is very reliable. A ton of 2nds, 3rds and some 4ths could very well net a championship.

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well, when Rea was on it in 2014 he managed race wins at Assen, Imola, and Portimao. No Laguna

in 2013 no wins, in 2012 Assen and Donnington. Laguna doesn't seem to be one of the Fireblade's stronger tracks.

13. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I want to see the bell curve on that one.

14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

N
    No, but it is one of Nicks best tracks. Oh who am I kidding? He'll suck everywhere. Shouldn't even be allowed to ride the damn thing.

15. No Yamahas or Aprilias?

16. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Is Aprilia even fielding a team in 2016?

17. I am not sure. I remember reading something about Aprilia but I cant remember what it was.

18. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

Yamaha is there, they are just keeping their times super secret, and shit...

19. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

This might have already been mentioned in this thread (don't have the time nor want to scroll thru previous posts) but if not it needs to be noted; Nicky has not been on a bike since 2006 that has allowed for him to show his his true ability. In 2007 the move to the 800 that was primarily designed around Pedrosa. His years on the Ducati when they were at their possible all time low. Then the move to the Open Class Honda. Hayden is now on a bike that despite being a bit long in the tooth, doesn't handy cap him to the extent of his GP equipment of the last ten years and suits his riding style in a way that enables him to finally show again his true talent which he never lost...

20. I hope that is the case. I would love to see him kickass.

I still wish he would have went to Ducati though. I think he would have been an immediate contender for wins on the Panigale.