1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Squishy brake lever and quickshifter question

Discussion in 'Tech' started by TheGrouchyCat, Nov 27, 2015.

1. TheGrouchyCat

TheGrouchyCat Don't let my friends know I'm slow

Ok first thing is my brake lever snapped off during a lowside and I replaced it with another oem lever. Brake was fine before and then really squishy afterwards and all I replaced was the lever. 2nd, is it possible for me to flip my quickshifter or shift rod now that I've switched to gp shift? Sorry for the simple questions, but I'm an hour away from my bike being in college so hardly any time to work on it.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Did you replace the lever with an OEM one of at least one from a reputable manufacturer? Not some cheapo Chinese thing off eBay? You may possibly have not aligned the pin properly in the receptacle on the lever?

Can you flip it over? No

When you switch from regular to GP shift you are moving the rod in the opposite direction and unless you have a strain-gauge shift sensor it only detects movement in one direction (either pull or push). So if you switch to GP shift you'd need to swap the sensor to the opposite kind.

3. Vinny337

Vinny337 Vin is in...Beastmode!

|\|\|\
    what he said, also try bleeding your brakes, it's the off season anyway.

4. auz_gsxr

auz_gsxr Well-Known Member

When ur bike is on its side it lets air in. Bleed them

TheGrouchyCat likes this.
  5. TheGrouchyCat

TheGrouchyCat Don't let my friends know I'm slow

I'll bleed them once i get back thanks