1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 1198 / 1100 Air Cooled Hybrid

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Gino230, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

One of 5 examples professionally built by Moto Corse Performance, Ft. Lauderdale. This bike was built to dominate in the CCS LW classes. I'm not certain about WERA classes, but this bike is ideal for CCS LW Grand Prix, GT Lights, and Team Challenge, GTL.

The engine is the heart of this beast. We began with a new 1100 Hypermotard engine. Built from the ground up, no expense spared. The Hyper engine has the desired dual / top ignition pickups, so it's the best platform for air cooled builds.

Pistal 100mm piston kit (1123 CC)

Moto Corse custom heads- these heads are the result of many seasons of R&D and represent the absolute best in reliability, flow, and power.

50mm valves

NCR Cams, with Corse (RS) Shims- very low maintenance.

Bored throttle bodies with custom butterflies

lightweight timing gears

Yoyodyne slipper clutch

Nemesis ECU with Quick Shift

Akrapovic carbon slip-ons, stock 848 exhaust with custom header pipes

Dual oil cooler setup

136 RW HP on C-12. Dyno chart available.

Custom wiring harness with LW Anti-Gravity battery- mounted in the nose for weight distribution

2011 Clean title 1198 frame, swingarm, and wheels.

Ohlins TTX custom valved and sprung by Thermosman

Ohlins 20mm cartridge kit

Ohlins steering damper

Woodcraft clip ons, rearsets, and lever guards

Brembo radial master cylinder

Custom 1198 bodywork (vents reversed to bring airflow to engine), professional paint job.

I'm selling because I've moved on to Middleweight classes. I am doing the Daytona 200 again this year and I need the funds. I love this bike, but as my wife is always telling me....can't have it all :(

$20,000

[email protected]

(954) Six one two 0367

[​IMG]

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/.../user/Gino230/library/1198 Air Cooled project

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  2. Gino230

Clerical error: It's 126 HP. NOT 136. Big difference.

Also open to interesting trades. Track prepped porsche or ferrari? Other Ducatis?

Thanks.....

Gino

3. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Holy hell

4. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Very nice.

How much does the bike weigh?

5. Gino230

Thanks, sorry for the delay.....370 pounds with no fuel. 51% front 49% rear. (At my friend's shop we have corner balance scales.) Bike also has a streetfighter swingarm, slightly longer, similar to the Corse swingarm. We tried it with both, with Barrett Long riding. This one works better.

6. Gino230

bump.....Perfect for AHRMA twins classes, too

7. Gino230

Still available. Maybe I can make you a deal for Black Friday? I need some funds for the 2016 Daytona 200!

David Reed likes this.
  8. All-Supply619

All-Supply619 Check out my ebay store!

I got to ride this one and it's awesome.

9. Gino230

This bike is still for sale. I dusted it off this weekend and won two races. The motor is incredible, can keep up with middleweights with a little effort. Also legal for 4 AHRMA classes! Forks are currently being serviced, will be ready to go for next weekend.

Gino (954) 612 zero three 67

10. All-Supply619

All-Supply619 Check out my ebay store!

Solid Bike!

11. Gino230

This bike is back for sale again. I am focusing on the R6 this year.

Raced at Homestead in December and won 2 races. Top speed around Daytona, 154 on the GPS, that's with my fat ass on board!

Just checked all clearances and changed the oil.

This is probably one of the strongest motors MotoCorse has ever built, these are by far the best flowing heads they have ever done. The guy who did them passed away last year. With the Corse valve keepers they are very low maintenance, too.

Would consider trade + for 959 in stock-ish condition...

12. Donnstar

Donnstar Well-Known Member

Great Bike!! I am pretty sure Gino cotton swabs and toothbrushes this bike every time it leaves the garage.

13. dmj_88

dmj_88 Active Member

Whats the "race ready" weight of this thing?

14. Gino230

It is 370 with no fuel in the tank. We moved the battery forward and used corner balance scales to get the weight distribution to 51% front.

I also have a lightweight Fuel Cell tank that comes with the bike- it's not painted to match, though. It's the tank I used in the 200 on the 848, and I stole the cap. I have a Ferracci cap that might work, or you might need to have a ring made to adapt it.

The fuel cell saves 9 LB, so you'll be about 361.

15. Gino230

Yeah, pretty much, Scott! I'm no Broome, but I like my stuff clean!

16. Gino230

Ok Finally getting serious about making a deal on this thing.

Make offers!

954 Six One Two 0367