1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please bash my business...

Discussion in 'General' started by trancework, Nov 16, 2015.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

It's been asked, but what do you do?

If I can read between the lines of your weird convoluted verbiage, it sounds like you're trying to start a VC firm, but I can't tell.

Also, who are your partners, and what businesses have they built? $30B is one hell of a resume. That's roughly the size of Dell computers.

"Lean Micro-Incubator" sounds like an oxymoron. Incubators exist because they have capital and resources, or access to capital and resources. Small businesses don't need lean and micro. They're fighting that battle already.

2. trancework

trancework It's always now...

Thanks, that's great feedback--simplify. We'll definitely works on that in later iterations.

3. trancework

Yes.

The model we came up with fixes a lot of the problems with some of the other classic approaches, especially as they scale. Incubator/Accelerator are models folks are used to dealing with--so we anchored our business model around those, and, without the back-channel docs that explain the whole thing, doesn't make a lot of sense.

4. trancework

Check it out!!!! We have our first partner! Carbon Films!

http://carbonfilm.tv/videos/
    (Check out their work at VIR with the Ariel Atom!)

Stealthworks first partner is Carbon Films--how awesome is that?!?!?!

5. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Exactly. Glad you're on top of it.

6. LWGP

LWGP Well-Known Member

oh, so you have lawyers you have hired. congratulations. i hope you don't have to pay them to do a bunch of litigation for you. ;)

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

is this really a business?

8. trancework

Since I'm converting assets and cutting paychecks, I certainly hope so... but, reality... wow, that's a big thing to question!

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

yeah the website is very unclear to what's happening there to the normal bird...errr person

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Even after reading the explanations in here I have no clue what this business is or does...

BigBird likes this.
  11. trancework

Coming from you, I'll take that as a complement! :D

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cool. But I am serious.

13. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Compliment;)

14. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

I looked at the website, including some of the separate pages.

Honestly, it seems pretty amateurish. It's as if the main goal was to put up inspirational pictures and mean nothing buzzwords.

The $30B comment seemed made up without any credibility. Having a Partners section with no partners gives me even greater pause.

As others have said, I have no idea what it is you are doing. Are you an incubator? VC? Angel investor? Speaking from my experience, those with capital to invest or donate don't have the time or the patience to deal with a "guess what we do, email for more info" business model.

I'm a CPA in Vancouver, here are some of the VC's I've dealt with that I think show a level of professionalism that really isn't there with yours.

http://www.ivestconsumer.com/

http://www.yaletown.com/

http://www.chrysalix.com/

15. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

I never make sense, so How could I bash your idea;s, even though I do not understand what it is you are trying to do

16. trancework

This is great feedback, thanks. We are none of those things. And we're not selling ourselves with the website to investors. Everything is back-channel, but this gives a lot of pause for consideration, I really do appreciate this feedback. Not an excuse, but we put the website and branding up in less than 24 hrs. So it IS pretty raw. But as they say: if you're first rev doesn't embarrass you, you're shipping too late.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Who says that?

Anyway, on the original subject, finally checked the site, whole thing strikes me as a scam. Not saying you are - but that's the impression it gives me. Lots of bragging, lots of doublespeak that makes no sense, just an overall reaction of WTF? Any of it in an email and I'd be blocking the sender asap.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And serious question - what do you actually do? People keep asking and I've yet to see an answer. No, giving away a laptop and cutting paychecks isn't an answer.

19. seems like you just made this thread to direct more people to your vague website that may or may not be about doing something, possibly, maybe. It's actually sort of annoying.