1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is C.O.T.A $1100 better than Laguna Seca/Barber??

Discussion in 'General' started by Ed5726, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Ed5726

Ed5726 Active Member

You can ride a 2016 BMW S1000RR with all gear included for 2 days at:

Laguna Seca on Apr 4/5 for $2650 or

Barber MP on May 30/31 for $2650 or

Circuit of the Americas Aug 15/16 for $3750.o_O:rolleyes:

On top of that Austin in the middle of August = HOT :eek::eek:
    Now don't get me wrong me likey some 512 Pecan Porter and Green Chile Pork Fries but $1100
    is shitload of beer & fries.

I rode Laguna for 2 days on a rented Ninjette and had a freakin blast.
    Would be very interesting on a liter bike.:D

2. Only one I've ridden/raced is Barber, but that's a blast. COTA looks like the most boring layout of the three. You're paying for the facilities.

3. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

I don't know, COTA looks fast and fun. Boring on anything under a 750 maybe

4. I agree that the first part looks fast and fun, but everything after the back straight looks painfully slow to me. A lot of GP racers have said that they're not that fond of it.

5. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

It's pretty clear what 'class' of folks they're trying to cater too, too bad for them 'they' don't make up the majority of the sport enthusiasts........funny part is aren't they having financial issues? You'd think they'd lower the price to draw in enough clubs and customers to be filling the place year round.

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Do you get off scott free on the damage waiver if you crash? Might be worth it.
    Who does track days that doesnt have their own gear though?

7. Ed5726

Ed5726 Active Member

So the facilities are worth $1100 plus the heat and inferior layout?? Seems a bit redonkulous to me.:)

Not so much a Track day as a school. Traveling by plane is much much easier without all your gear. Gear comes with the price regardless. ymmv.

8. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Sounds like the Keith Code school. COTA looks like it would be fun, I'm just not sure THAT much more fun.

9. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

I have ridden all three, CoTA, Laguna and Barber, and Laguna was far more fun to me of the three. My list of fun goes, Laguna, Barber then CoTA.

10. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

^ I hate you sometimes.

11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Ive been doing a few track days on the west coast. I finally bought my own gear bag this year! :D Makes traveling much easier.
    Havent ridden COTA though. I would agree with flyingpig about Laguna being fun... and Barber as well. Barber has the museum allure... so if I had to pick... it would depend on the weather! :D

12. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

Hi, Dave

13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

From a track perspective, my kid liked riding Barber better than Laguna. Plus as mentioned the museum is a must see.

Another thing when riding Laguna, you often loose part of the expensive track time with morning fog.

14. Ed5726

Ed5726 Active Member

Traveled out West to ride 3 times this year. Twice with gear. Got me da big Red Bull Ogio thingy from RiderDiscount. It helps but still a royal PITA.:D
    As far as weather goes seems like Laguna is the safest bet overall.

I just can't see the value in that large of a premium for COTA.
    When you look at the whole package they all 3 come out about even imho.
    With Laguna having a slight edge overall due to probable weather.

15. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Back section is my favorite part. The carousel corner whatever they call it is just stupid fun. Plus, I feel like the back section is trickier to master, so when you do make improvements its that much more enjoyable. Only part of the front straight I really like is turn 2, and the kink before 12.

16. The kink looks like a lot of fun. :)