1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please bash my business...

Discussion in 'General' started by trancework, Nov 16, 2015.

1. trancework

trancework It's always now...

So, to pick back up... from about $300 "seed money" I now am at the helm of 3 or 4 companies, a foundation and a law firm. Crazy right?!?!? Been busy.

Can you please tear into this and let me know what I messed up?

www.stealthworks.io

Thank you!

2. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

what is a .io addy?

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I like the font.

4. kaput:

No data received
    ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

5. Jed

Jed mellifluous

From the site I have no idea what you or Stealthworks do or why you exist. You gave a laptop to a kid. That is good. Is that what the company's purpose is? Are you a VC firm? "Now we're turning our energies toward producing companies and businesses focused on bettering the lives and fate of mankind--we expect this new mission will be a lot of fun. Won't you please join us?" Are you looking for projects to fund or are you looking for money to fund your project? I don't get a clear message from the site of what Stealthworks is. What does a Lean Micro Incubator do? Do you provide consulting services to small startups, funding, labor?

There are a lot of words on the pages but not a clear summary of how you can help or what you do for clients, or who a potential client could be. I'd focus on a clearer message to a first time visitor or potential client.

And I'd get rid of the pic on the Partners page. Pretty low res and I don't think Jared Chambers took the pic.

Just trying to be constructive. Would love to know more about it. I'm always looking for angel investing type opportunities.

6. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

I literally have no idea what you do after reading the site. Also you need to disable the read me link that gives you instructions on how to set up your website.

You gave a kid a laptop, how did that help save the global economy?

Jed, why invest in companies that could possibly show a return? Send some money my way and I'll get a race team set up for a couple of youth riders. No messy profit to pay taxes on, total write off... its a win win buddy!

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I don't feel like it tells me who it is you want to work with.
    Maybe some examples for the less-hip.

8. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

So people are supposed to give you money?? I don't get it....

9. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

Small world. I had coffee with Edwin M. a few months back.

1. The lack of the info around your consultancy will be an issue for most people that are too lazy to read a lot of copy. Maybe that's intentional, but it certainly won't help your SEO, and it may cause you to miss out on business from less-inventive folks.

2. Rework you logo in the nav by dropping the white box on every page but the homepage, so it's not so odd looking against the head images.

3. The font is fine, but the color of the navigation buttons gets lost in the darker head images. Change the hex color of the copy.

4. I love the "Take Action" CTA, but you should consider a "Join..." or some copy to encourage folks to become part of something... it may be less taxing to users, and entice more folks to engage.

5. Consider looking at folks like GA, and what they're doing for corporate training in Lean, Agile, Responsive, etc... https://generalassemb.ly/corporate-digital-training

6. Consider another page break for a better tablet or m. viewing experience. (I only saw 2)

10. trancework

Thank you each so much! This is great. Currently the site is intentionally vague about what we do--there's a reason for that.

Edwin is THE BOMB! We're working at Year Up teaching economically challenged 18-24 year olds how to code circles around Tech and Stanford grads. Here are the kids--they are sharp as anything! Best feeling in the world: https://flic.kr/s/aHsknEdujf
    I'm in the process of moving into leadership with YU, fantastic org to volunteer for. Here's a heady write-up about a chance event and what we're doing at YU to change the world from the philanthropic side, Edwin pulled me and a bunch of former colleagues into it and it's been life changing, he's actually teaching there today covering as Mrs. R. is in India: goo.gl/VZrXR5

11. trancework

It's the cool new thing, all the kids are doing it. GoDaddy began pushing it, and it's pretty awesome.

12. trancework

There are people working on things around that, if it makes sense. I just manage and nerd out. I've got some crack business folks who take care of that.

13. trancework

This is really a kicker to a set of artifacts discussed behind closed doors. This is my first foray into building companies from outside of an existing company's shell.

I will say this--I'm getting like 10 hours sleep per week and it's fun as hell!

14. trancework

Well I know whose hoodie I won't be wearing if they put me on tv! [where's the damn stick poke button? :)]

Plus, it pretty darn ironic considering I got the idea to do this from your "how do you like my new logo?" thread from like two years ago. [stick poke] [beer]

15. trancework

Thank you so very much! This is the best compliment we could have hoped to receive. There's nothing like the power of belief in people, and that's what we're looking to tap into. You made our day! :D

16. trancework

We will look into this, strange, thank you so much for pointing it out!

17. trancework

I like Suzuki :D

18. trancework

Apparently this was a known thing--IT was working with GoDaddy to resolve a DNS propagation issue.

19. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

Very cool.

I'll add you on LI, and follow your progress.

20. LWGP

LWGP Well-Known Member

you are the "head" of a law firm? what exactly does that mean. most states will not allow a non-lawyer to run a law firm.

what law firm are you the "head" of? I see nothing on the site about that.