1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got robbed last nite.

Discussion in 'General' started by Banditracer, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

In the shop, they either cut or picked 2 padlocks. One to get in and another off the cash box, both locks are gone. Looking very suspiciously like an inside job, some of the money was in a bottom desk drawer in my office. Nothing missing other than the cash, helmets, tools etc. left alone. Place wasn't ransacked, wasn't like they were searching for the cash, knew right where to go.They got about $3000. I had a guy working part time this summer-fall because of my broken scaphoid. He's the first one the troopers are going to talk to. They were able to get a print, hopefully it's not mine or my wifes.

Nothing like feeling violated.

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Damn!! Crappy situation. I hate thieves!!!!

3. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss, but of course glad no one was hurt.

I've been stolen from many times in my life, hate it!

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Getting robbed sucks, I hope it works out for you.

5. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Damn, that really sucks man. I hope they catch the assholes. Time to invest in a few IP cams with off-site storage.

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Sucks. Hope they catch whoever it was. Hope they resist.

cgordon3 likes this.
  7. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

This sucks, hope you can recover your cash

8. Banditracer

I don't really think there's much chance of that, probably already been converted into pills or powder. I'm just hoping they can bust somebody for it. I'm hoping it's not the guy I had working but he doesn't look too innocent at the moment.

9. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

He may not have done it directly but may have inadvertently said something to a friend or acquaintance of his about how you have cash in the shop.

10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Time for cameras....sorry this sucks

11. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Also consider your local animal shelter and maybe adopt some poor dog on death row to be your revered shop dog. My cabinet shop was in the hood and every single unit got broke into except ours. I'm thinking the Doberman helped that cause. Sorry you got scum-bagged.

12. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

Yes on the camera's and a couple of dogs.
    I have a boxer and he sounds mean, but it's the terrier that hears someone pulling into the driveway letting the boxer know it's time to earn his keep.

13. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear, always paranoid about that with my shop, even w/ fence, barb wire, and alarm. Hope they can catch the thief.

14. forceten

forceten Well-Known Member

Camera's and a heavy safe bolted down if your keeping cash at the shop

15. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I hope they catch the crook, but I have to ask - why did you have $3000 in cash in the store?

16. whitarnold

whitarnold Bike #137

This is bad and I hope they recover your money and make the perp pay restitution!

17. Banditracer

Cameras are ordered. As far as a dog, he comes home with me at nite and is way too friendly to be much of a deterrent.

18. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

That Sucks Ken. Hope they find the scum bag!
    :mad:

19. Sorry to hear this. Sounds like it's almost certainly an inside job.

20. madkaw

madkaw Meh...

Sorry to hear. My house was robbed back in June. Nothing ransacked and the thief (or thieves) knew exactly what they wanted. Took my camers and R/C stuff. Could've taken so much more. The following week the security system went in. Sucks that I waited to do this until the horse left the barn but at least I can leave my house now with peace of mind.

And you're absolutely right about feeling violated. It's not even the stuff that was stolen that bothers me. It's that someone was in my house that had no fucking right to be there.

Only thing I could advise is keep your eyes open and your ears close to the ground. Someone could slip up and talk.