1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Beeb Information (post problems here)

Discussion in 'General' started by 13x, Nov 13, 2015.

1. 13x

13x 13x.com

1) Please change your password!

Click on your username on the top right side of the page and change your password. Two factor authentication is also available.

2) I will be monitoring server performance and making improvements. I expect it to be slow for the next few days.

3) Please let us know if something isn't working as expected.

2. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Jim, Not sure if I'm missing it, but, is the photo upload capability going to be carried over or stopped? Used to be able to access it from User CP, but, can't seem to find it now. I see the 'Upload a File' button when making a post, but, not sure if those files are available for future reference.
    Thanks.
    Randy

3. 13x

13x 13x.com

Good question. That capability appears to be missing in this version of Xenforo. I'll see if I can add that back in.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Hey Jim, I just tried this. If an email was sent, it is taking its sweet time. :)

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've done it half a dozen times already, it's definitely working. Emails were pretty quick though, you still using the same email addy as your original login?

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yes, using the same email. And system told me that's where the message was sent.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cool. Should be there eventually. Long way from DC metro to Paris :D

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Nevermind. It went into my trash folder. I guess it didn't recognize new sender.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cool, at least it got there.

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

It's actually running fairly well on my side..actually faster than the old site

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's hit or miss on speed for me so far but I know rebuilding the search stuff is a resource hog from hell.

12. 13x

13x 13x.com

Rebuilding still. Post 3,224,727 and counting....

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Woohoo! More than 75% there :D

14. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

That's a lot of ressources to make sure DaveK dick jokes make it into posterity :D

cgordon3 likes this.
  15. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Looks good. Not a bug, but might be nice if you can get the classifieds sub-sections listed on the main section page.

Speed is the biggest thing to me. If you need another processor or server, let us know. We could crowd fund that in 10 minutes here. :D

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm waiting for the search rebuild to finish before I start messing with too many settings, already planning on looking at the forum display options for the classifieds.

17. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Thankfully I was able to login with my email address. I wasn't sure what my username was at this point in time :D

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That isn't good news. That means metal noggin wont' have to figure out the odd punctuation on his name changes.

19. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Minor thing while messing with server stuff - maybe do some sort of apache rewrite to mask the "forums2.13x.com" to "werabbs.com", "weraforums.com" or something of the like.

Since this is such a popular place and all.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It'll go back to forums.13x.com but yeah, would be cool to have the wera name on it in the url.