1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sepang, Malaysia | MotoGP 2015 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Oct 22, 2015.

1. gaitherb

gaitherb Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more! I keep hearing folks say that MM got in Rossi's head, he didn't. MM was literally going to take Rossi out during that race, that's not getting in another rider's head, that's changing the outcome of the race because you have nothing to lose. Every time Rossi passed MM, MM would put a crazy pass on Rossi that we all thought would bring both riders down. What was Rossi to do? Folks keep saying Rossi didn't have pace, BS! What is a rider to do in that situation, you keep racing for the championship, but another racer appears to want to bring you down, how do you control that situation?

When riders are equally matched and only separated by a few fractions of a second, there's not much you can do to get away from a rider that wants to slow you down. MM was slowing Rossi down. You would hope a professional rider would just put his head down after he passed another rider and go after the leaders, but MM didn't. He was obstructing Rossi because he didn't like what Rossi said about him helping out a fellow Spainard.

If Yamaha doesn't win the appeal, I think it would be cool to see the grid allow the points leaders to truly race to determine the championship -- allow Rossi to make his way to the front and let the two Yamahas duke it out. This should be about talent, skill and desire...not the race organization handing down punishment during a truly "awkward" incident.

The organization/league should never decide a championship. We've all watched a football game or a basketball game be determined by a BS call. Racing is officially doing the same thing.

Let them race...!

2. onepusher

onepusher Socially Inappropriate

Match made in Phillip Island.

Attached Files:

• moto.png
      moto.png
      File size:
      113.6 KB
      Views:
  3. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

When do we apply that rule, after the second, fifth, seventh round?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Injury wouldn't change my opinion.

I'd have done same as race direction here did. Penalize Rossi - however MM could have chosen to run off and not turn into JoT and fall down. I'd fault JoT for running him wide on purpose but the crash is iffy. Either way, JoT did the obviously illegal move while MM was doing obvious douche moves.

5. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

6. AH406

AH406 Well-Known Member

Marquez is an impetuous child, supremely talented with an ego to match. Biaggi at least would have probably admitted be was messing with Rossi. The respect I have for Marquez has slowly ebbed all year and now none exist. In fact I've lost respect for the principal key figures within the sanctioning for condoning his acts this long. At this point I would rather see Rossi not race the last race and go to WSBK on his own Aprillia team next year. Damn shame it's so hard to see for some folks that MMs actions have been and apparently continue to be contrary to the well being of this great sport. Funny how things have turned, Pedro is the man with the most respect now and JLo is just a hollow twat. His respect for Rossi was veiled at best, fool should've kept his mouth shut. Not sure I've ever seen someone kick themselves in the mouth that hard before. It's all really very stupid, and the FIM has the blame at their feet for it.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Any time you the rider getting in the way of the championship contenders are no longer in the numerical hunt for said championship.

Mostly though the last 4 or so rounds especially if it's a close points battle between two or more riders that aren't you.

Now, if you are charging for the win that is different. That's going for a win and totally different than getting in the middle of a championship battle.

8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Rossi lost his cool and f*cked himself.
    GOAT status revoked:down:

9. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

MM never went off track til he wrecked himself. Both bikes were on track during the incident. Another bike could've went around the outside of MM...all kinds of room left for MM to not have wrecked himself.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  10. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

Horrible decision by race direction. Should have taken a championship point from both of them then let the last race decide . Now they have basically decided for us the fans, garbage.

11. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:stupid:

The look on Lin Jarvis' face when the incident occurred said it all. He knew it was a punk move.

12. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

"Valentino was of the opinion that Marc was deliberately slowing the pace of the race down and doing so unfairly. We listened to both riders; our opinion was that there was some fault on both sides, but as far as the rulebook goes Marquez did not make any contact, did not break any rules as such, but we feel that his behaviour was causing problems to Rossi who reacted. Unfortunately he reacted in a way that is against the rules.”

Perhaps they should watch the video a few more times....acceleration and turn in was MM...push back was VR.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  13. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

yup.

math. how does it work.

14. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

damn... i must be blind as hell... it sure looks to me like 93 leaned into 46 CREATING the initial contact that leg to the leg bump.

15. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

It is unfortunate that Moto GP had devolved into this. ...

[​IMG]

16. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

So 2006 was 9 years ago....

Took that long for you guys to hold Dani in high regards and consider that he deserves his job. :D

Great race Dani, quite unfortunate that once again, your win is playing 2nd fiddle or is being over-shadowed.

This time by a messy, soap-operatic kerfuffle where neither protagonists smell pretty.

I thought this jovial atmosphere among racers was uncharacteristic...

17. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Agree...on cell...hard to post.

18. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Yeah, MM should have known that Rossi was trying to run him off and he should have run off the track.

:crackup:

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Disagree, they followed their normal procedures and penalties. The racers are at fault, they put the officials in the position to have to make that call.

20. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Wow, good job! So who exactly are you arguing with here? I think everyone is in agreement that it was a punk move. Argument is whether MM deserved it or not.

Youtube search this

"I'm gonna put him in the wall!"

LOL!