V7 and V8 showdown - GNF

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by gpracer15, Oct 19, 2015.

1. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Good luck to those whom are competing !!

Looks like there are some real close battles for the championships.

Everyone keep it safe but you better bring your A-Game:up:

2. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

:up::up:

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

You are really pushing me to come down to my first GNF!!! The FZR is screaming to come out of the garage:D

4. Flying998

Flying998 Well-Known Member

It's a shame that I gotta work this weekend... Y'all have fun for me!

5. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Time to play!

Game time is upon us....:Pop:

6. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Looks like Norm won the V7MW and V7HW races today. That HW race was a CLOSE one!!!!!! It appears Norm won the V7MW Championship and Steve won a long disputed V7HW championship. So how do you like the points structure now?? :cool:

CONGRATULATIONS FELLAS!:clap::clap:

7. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Oh, and I am pretty sure JT sealed both of the very first V8 championships!!! Congratulations!!!! :clap::clap:

8. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

i still want it changed. I want more people to race. Norm stepped up. He earned his wins! I had a few physical issues. JT was fast as always. shame he blew another motor. but I had to blow out as my girlfriend was in hospital having my boy. Congratulations to all the new champions.

Steven Isenhower #52

9. nhammond54

nhammond54 Hammond Brothers Racing

We had a really good race! Wish everyone would have showed up and stayed running, but that is racing! Let's try to get everyone out next year and have full grids all year long. Now that would be fun! Want to thank my brother and nephew for getting me out of retirement this year. And thanks to Howie for selling me a great turn key package! ! See you guys at the races next year.

10. nhammond54

Also want to thank Bridgestone and Stickboy Racing! The tire money from Atlanta helped me get through the GNF.

Attached Files:

11. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Still wish I could have congratulated you in person, I looked for your pits and guess Im blind too. But great ride. I missed it by less than 5 inches, LOL
    I will shake your hand next yr. I have work to do to solve my issues.
    Enjoy.

Steven Isenhower #52

12. nhammond54

Sorry i didn't get to shake your hand too. And congratulations on the new baby! ! Hope all is well and you made it back on time!

13. Tonyp425

Tonyp425 Well-Known Member

I had a blast in my first v8mw debut it was some right racing I was ruining second for a while holding off some fierce competition. But then I lost front brakes that was scary and so I retired early.

14. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Thanks and no I was driving through Mississippi when he was born. 12. 48 am
    But it was my woman who told me to come race, She is the reason I came at all.
    But all is good with them both. But I still want to open up the best of 6 races.
    I just proves that if no one shows up on my grid all yr you can win championship.
    Hell I love the challenge. JT would have kicked both our butts if his motor had not blown.
    But he sets the bar and I want to meet it or exceed his lap times. If not its a hollow championship. I want to Earn it. I want to win races. I just dint get on the gas as hard as I should. LOL I thought I parked you enough! WRONG!! Im watching the video of the races. But hats off to you, this is what it takes to win. We need to step up if we want to win championships. Good time for all.

Steven Isenhower #52 2001 V6 2015 HWV7

15. nhammond54

Well we will never know about the JT thing, but i was close. I was going to try my hardest to be there at the end. And i was matching his lap times at first until he blew. Again that's racing and we will just have to see who comes out on top next year. Wasn't for sure if him try to take my grid position was head games or he really didn't know where he was supposed to be. They said they didn't have time to make sure you were in your position in the riders meeting and you would start from the the grass! So maybe the race should have been over for him there. Just saying you can what if it to death! Fact is it is racing and anything can and will happen!

16. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

V7 has always had some good racing! It appears I missed out on some yet again! Looks like the V7 Championship stays down south again!!!! V8 begins up north!

17. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Congrats!!!!

As Gypsy would say that trophy is back in the SOUTH lol

18. dcemotorsports

dcemotorsports Well-Known Member

A BIG Congrats to John Trautmann for winning both V8 National Championships in our first year. That dude is fast and consistant.

19. 418

418 Expert #59

What was Mark Junge riding at the GNF?

20. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Congrats to the new V7 champions as well as JT for dominating all year in V7 and V8. I saw some of JT's lap times on the R6 in V8 and he was rolling no doubt.

Lap times for all of the front runners at the GNF looked great. Too bad about JT's motor in V7. Were you guys battling with him or was he gone?
    Man.....it hurts to see the V7 trophies go down south. It's been a few years, hasn't it? Enjoy it for the year.....cause I'm sure JT will be waiting with bells on to pry it out of your hands next year at the GNF!

What was the controversy in the V7HW Championship that Howie mentioned?

Anyway, congrats again guys. I'll be back next year for a few rounds in V7HW and V8HW on a motorcycle with 2 cylinders.

btw...Mark Junge was on a '03 Vesrah GSXR1000 superbike