1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What were you most happy to spend your money on?

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Aug 31, 2015.

1. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

1) Honda generator
    2) Diesel van
    3) Toy hauler

2. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

My new boots. The red/white/yellow/purple/orange ones. I've posted pics here before. Shall I post some more?

3. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

1. YCRS
    2. Enclosed trailer (mine's a 6x10 v-nose)
    3. EZ-up (industrial grade)

4. I never owned them, but rode my buddies 750 that had them. They would definitely be on my list. Bumps I felt on my bike were invisible on his bike!

5. BillH37

BillH37 Active Member

For me, the experience has far outweighed any possessions.

1- The two years I was able to race with WERA were life-changing. I met so many wonderful people here, especially Evelyne, Sean, Jim Sublet, Scott Rosey and Jon Cowles. It's been a long time since then, but I think about y'all every day.

2- The occasional track-day. No, it's not as fun as racing with WERA, but until the finances return it keeps me sane.

3- The thought that maybe one day I could return to the grid keeps me feeling young. I try to keep myself physically ready to return on short notice. You never know what The Lord has for us tomorrow.

6. joec

joec brace yourself

Vanson custom 2 piece. I looove that jacket. Im invincible in that.
    My hjc full carbon after seeing spies sport it at vir i think. Just sex.
    Full custom bodywork with custom signed steve d'angelo paint. Imola gas window!

All tied with my own hand made swingarm needle bearing conversion. Pingle gsxr race petcock retrofit...

3 things i regret not doing were hydro formed exhaust (to dedicated to current setup), and a totally overkill ohlins damper. I was so torn on dropping the 600 bucks on it, just beczuse it would have been rediculous. I also never machined the needle bearing setup for my shock to frame mount. Would have been like butter.

7. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

1 - Toy Hauler: it made going to the track into a vacation. Setting up an air mattress in a box trailer gets old eventually.

2 - Pit Bull Stands: On my second trackday, I balanced my F2 on a couple jackstands and a jack to take the wheels to get tires put on. That sucked.

3 - Tire Warmers: Why go into T1 with any doubts that your tires are at peak traction?

8. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

1. Class A toyhauler RV
    2. Custom fit Syed suit
    3. Lots of track days

9. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

My divorce

10. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Hahaha Love it. I have been getting very jelous about some of the purchases people have made in this thread, so thanks for that:beer:

11. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

1. EZ up!
    2. My first QUALITY leathers (dainese techno suit), crashed the shit out of them and they protected my ass!
    3. My tire changing tools, never be dependent on trackside tire vendors again!

12. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

Pit bull trs
    Sidi mag1 boots
    Brembo master

I really wanted to put Rick Matheny on the list, cause that guy is worth every dollar including the trips to see him

13. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Destroked 565 Crank/Custom Carilllo rods
    HitAir Vest
    AIM SOLO GPS lap timer

14. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

No problemo. I'm still under HTTP's protection. (He may have forgotten but I have a long memory about such things.)

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

1 - 6x10 enclosed trailer (to replace a 5x8 open one)
    2 - Pitbull TRS
    3 - These :)

16. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Many great answers!

Race fuel, not just for the added power but the smell of race fuel when you open that can for its first time, you know some fun is about to happen. Always brings a smile.

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:beer:

18. Toy Hauler - It is amazing how much the track experience is transformed by being able to sleep in the paddock, not have to worry about checking in/out of the hotel, being able to lay on the couch in the AC between races, etc.

Livengood - It brings so much peace of mind and confidence knowing that a true professional is looking after the bikes and all I have to do is ride. He has been a huge help, on and off the track.

Instruction - DiSalvo made the biggest difference in my racing "career". After taking a year off of racing to work one-on-one with him, I went from 5 crashes in 2 years, to 2 crashes in 5 years (and one of those was due to a mechanical failure) while going 2-3 seconds faster per lap at every track. I have more confidence, much more control of the motorcycle and more tools to work with on the track.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  19. MRA828

MRA828 Well-Known Member

I'll go with relatively cheap stuff:

1. Pit Bull Pit Crew Tire Wedge - makes rear tire changes easy & quick
    2. RS Taichi GP-EVO gloves - just got them, "bye-bye" blisters
    3. Assorted sizes of metal cake pans/cookie sheets - for organizing tools for specific jobs (front tire swap, rear tire swap, bodywork removal, etc.) and keeping small parts, nuts and bolts organized during the job.

20. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Vodka
    Redbull
    10 X 15 EZ UP