1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PIRC September 5 & 6

Discussion in 'General' started by simonburic, Aug 26, 2015.

1. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

I think it would be pertinent to disclose that they were doing the Yamaha demo rides this weekend guys. :Poke:

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nah, that would have no effect on turnout :crackup:

3. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Honestly I don't think that had much of an impact. It's how things are being run and advertised. Under Nesba I was at Yamaha demo days and the rider turn out was normal. What really impact the turn out up there:
    -weather was predicted to be dry for a long time
    -it's a new track.
    Combine that with the fact N2 has done a great job of taking an existing product and rebranding it=that type of turn out.
    Fwiw-there was a Ducati Demo at the beginning of the year on the old course and the turnout was "normal to heavy" but I 100% know that no one came specifically for the Ducati Demo. I discussed this with people at the track.
    I pay attention to marketing stuff to see what works and doesn't that's why I took particular notice and spoke to both the guys putting on the demo and people riding/demo the bikes.

Ride safe,
    AAron

4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I've only been doing this 3 years on a much smaller scale. And if I had a dollar for every time I heard "give them a place to ride and they'll show up" I'd be riding a much nicer bike. Just my opinion..

5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

N2 has done a very nice job getting new riders and with advertising from what I've seen. They also ride a bunch on cheaper tracks so I'm sure that helps them be in a position to take a bit if something didn't work out the way they wanted.

6. tracaddict

tracaddict Well-Known Member

I really don't think the Yamaha demo had anything to do with turn out. The event was nearly filled before they made the demo announcement.

7. BillH37

BillH37 Active Member

I learned of the Yamaha demo thing after I rolled through tech.

BTW, the full track is way cool.

8. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Several of my buddies went to PIRC this weekend with N2. I like them and I like to ride with them, but I prefer to race so I'll be coming to race with WERA Labor Day weekend.

That said, I would love for WERA to work on marketing to somehow increase rider interest and participation in NC region. Not sure how that works, but my brother is out in CO racing with the MRA and they really work on marketing (bikes and riders at local stores, great web-site and FB page, etc.). Pretty large grid-sizes most weekends.

9. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

It's a track day they always have more riders than races have racers.

10. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Back on topic

So we are running the full course this weekend, right? :D

Oh and Sean is still ruining motorcycle roadracing with his lack of marketing vision

11. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

Maybe it evens out but I remember a lot of people coming into Cycle Gear when I worked there who had done zero to a handful of trackdays who were super excited about the demo rides and consequently being first time buyers of full/proper track gear.

But Ive been out of the direct loop for a while. You are obviously much more active with the events at our home track so Im sure you have a much better perspective than me(no sarcasm intended). :beer:

12. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

So you`re saying skin in the game matters?:D

13. tracaddict

tracaddict Well-Known Member

Well PIRC is pushing for all future motorcycle events to be on full course. Looking forward to see how next year pans out.

14. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Rode the new track this weekend with N2, who did a hell of a job! The new track IMO is on par with VIR. I can't believe how much captial they injected into that place and it's not even done. Speaking of rumors, I heard that the original track will be getting repaved at the end of next year.

15. BillH37

BillH37 Active Member

Might as well...

Going to Pitt Race and only doing the North Course would be like going to a steak house and ordering a cheeseburger.

16. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Heard that rumor from a lot of people. Apparently it has been a rumor for quite a few years, but given that they actually went and built South Track, I'd say that rumor has a pretty good chance of occurring. South Track + North Track repave would make it quite a fantastic location.

17. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I hate you. :)

We were planning on going, but couldn't make it happen. Bummed I missed it.

18. Red900

Red900 Well-Known Member

Did someone say full track???

19. uswjmc22

uswjmc22 Obfusc8

You guys are hilarious.

I'm just grateful to be riding at PIRC at all with WERA,
    in light of our very light turnouts here in the frozen north.

After witnessing how WERA handled things at a very sketchy
    Mid Ohio last month, I'll not say a word against how the chairwoman
    is running the show. Those of you who had Evelyne refuse to take their
    money for Tuesday will know what I mean.

I'll be there both days this weekend and sweating my
    'nads off.

20. slowohioboy344

slowohioboy344 Well-Known Member

The turnout for the trackday there this weekend looked more like a cycle jam from 2003 or so....... To bad if PIRC wants races to be full coarse they won't discount their rate to make that happen. Chances are that they won't have the new portion rented out anyway