1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YSR Build - Shock Needed

Discussion in 'General' started by KMC, Aug 28, 2015.

1. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Anyone have a Fox (or similar) shock for a YSR50?

We are knee deep in rebuilding one from the frame up. Not going crazy with the motor, planning on doing the Stage 1 build from Team Calamari. Most everything else will be gone through and replaced.

Anything we should watch for or stay away from?

(besides putting in a YZ125 motor like Stickboy)????:Poke:

Bike is going to be a Rossi replica from 2009. Can't wait to ride it!

2. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

Sweet. I built one with a CR85 quite a while back

3. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

It was a 175 and he was skeered of it... and of letting me ride it.

4. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

I am at the beginning stages of tearing one down. Where have you been getting most of your parts and info on these things?

5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Theres a ysr fox shock on ebay.

6. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

We've built Penske shocks for those in the past. I believe we have specs for 8983s and 8900s.

7. raddad13

raddad13 Well-Known Member

You can bolt a 77'-79' yz80 motor right in, just flip the front mounts up. You will have to have a pipe made for it, but it will be faster than building the stock motor to the max. Also you can use the ysr stator on the yz motor to run lights.

8. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I have one with a super rare ohlins shock. BOOM

9. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

And I believe it's gp shift in the ysr

10. backcountryme

An XR100 engine will fit in a YSR with a little work. Not hard at all.

11. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

I built one from the frame up about 10 years ago. Had custom R.6 decals made as it was a bored 60cc motor built by a go cart motor guy. Had airtech bodywork with gsxr tail and custom paited yamaha blue with white plates. I had the fox remote res shock, PM wheels, progressive springs, Calamari pipe, wiesco piston, port and polished head and as many NOS stock parts as I could find. Had it for about a year and had a offer on it I could not refuse. Turned around and bought a Aprilia rs50 but it was not the same fun level as the ysr. I agree, put a CRF150, CR85, or other motor in it. Easy to work on for sure.

12. backcountryme

Mine looked like this when I got it.
    [​IMG]

Then looked like this
    [​IMG]

And is now sitting in my back yard as a rolling chassis right now.

13. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

PM wheels, Fox shock, calamari dual springs, custom valve dampers, calamari upper triple, calamri fork brace, custom 1/4 throttle, toomey pipe, custom braced swingarm, calamari speedo drive spacer, STOCK body work(wrecked but still! :moon: ), custom rearset risers...it goes on and on. Without a rider mod it still gets eatten alive by NSRs :Putter: :Putter:

14. trispdtrip

trispdtrip Poor, Fat, Slow Racer

I've got a Fox shock for sale. But you have to buy the whole bike with it.:)